ADHESIONS NEARLY TOOK MY HUSBANDS LIFE

Sat May 12 15:17:57 2001

I thought I would share my story with you all and would appreciate any feeback that I can get.

On April 12, my husband was admitted into the hospital with an intestinal blockage. Previously, in 1993, he had a surgery to remove an intestinal blockage and so they figured that it was just scar tissue. He went into surgery on April 13th. Surgery went good. Until 2 weeks later when he had no bowel tones, we all thought everything was fine.

Exactly 2 weeks from the first surgery, they took him in for a 2nd surgery. After waiting 8 hours in the waiting room, I was finally told my husband was out of surgery. The doctor came out and told me it was the worst adhesions he had ever seen. The surgery took 8 HOURS......When my husband was brought to me, he was on life support. Not breathing on his own, heartrate of 170, temp of 105, blood pressure of 69/43. They said he probley would not make it thru the night. Well, it has now been over a month since the day he was admitted to the hospital for the first surgery. He has not even been outside in 31 days. He is so extremely depressed that I am worried about him. The doctors are hearing bowel tones and are expecting him to go home soon, well a week or so.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can give me some advice or anything. I hope nobody ever has to go through what he went through. And now hope this wont happen again. The doctors say that there is a chance that it will but in taking out 8 feet of the small intestine, they think he might get by okay.

Sincerely

--
Jamie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: