Re: ADHESIONS NEARLY TOOK MY HUSBANDS LIFE

Sat May 12 15:45:49 2001

Hi Jamie --

I am so sorry to hear of the frightening and horrible experiences you and your husband have endured. Hopefully he will continue to heal so he can go home. Once there, he probably will recover far more quickly. Even when the hospital is a nice one, there's no place like home.

My mother had a hysterectomy over 50 years ago, literally, in what she laughingly calls the "dark ages of medicine." (Like we've advanced so much since then, ha!) Six years ago, she had emergency surgery to remove several feet of intestine. She had developed a blockage suddenly from the adhesions, and gone on for so long she actually fainted. Much of the tissue removed was necrotic, she was hospitalized a very long time and things were touch and go. Your husband's case is not much different than hers was.

While she has other health problems today, I am happy to report the intestines/adhesions are not among them. In fact, she has not had any additional complications from that ordeal. So it is possible, even likely, your husband will experience a complete recovery. I will include you both in my prayers.

Good luck with everything and please let us know how things go,

Love,

Lynda M. in AZ

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: