Re: Well, I'm giving up and going to the hospital again

Thu May 3 14:21:03 2001

Hi Sally, I know it is so hard to have that operation again! I get so scared before and after that it takes me weeks to calm down. There are some of us who have had multiple operations and the adhesions grow right back and that I think has got to be the most difficult thing in the world. I went to Germany twice. I knew that my adhesions were pretty well gone the first time but he missed the stuck nerve. That was even more painful than the adhesions. Although it got 50% better I still had to live on Methadone. It took another 13 months before I had the courage to do it again. It is not a peice of cake but I can give you pointers on how to make it easier if you would like. In Germany they do not have caffeine free coffee and I found myself drinking much too much which wired me, of coarse and if I had to do it over again, I would quit caffeine before I went and brought my own decalf or tea. In any event, it is painful and scary but with lots of prayers this time (I had entire churches praying for me this time), I am now healed. It has been only 4 weeks but each day I am geting stronger and the nerve stopped. I have dropped down to 3 pain pills a day from 8 or so and try to go down a little at a time. I can't wait until all my strength is back. You must go and face your fears. You are in good hands in either place. Love and prayers to you, Joanne At Wed, 02 May 2001, Sally Grigg wrote: >
>Hello everybody, I just can't take it anymore, I'm scared to death of
>operations because of the past, but I can't exist like this. I'm on as much pain
>medication as my body will handle and its not enough, so its either Pennslyvania
>or Germany. I know it will be awhile before I can get in and the Inn is short on
>help and long on work. But if you can't give up, and no body wants you to kill
>yourself, and you're in agony and getting worse, what do you do? Goodby, Sally

--
Joanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: