Re: question

Thu Jan 18 14:10:45 2001

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param><bigger>On 17 Jan 2001, at 19:30, KCarter706@aol.com wrote:

<FontFamily><param>Arial</param>Ann Georgia,   That is one great question you posed ! I also would like to know if anyone is  practically pain free from adhesions or adhesion surgery!  That is a wonderful question that I have not heard anyone answer here. I

Karen,

The more I read this list, the more convinced I become that there is no simple answer to the question of adhesions and adhesion pain.

I wish I could say that my problem was solved with my last surgery -- the surgeon removed diseased small bowel as well as the area of bowel with complete obstruction. He used SepraFilm. He took his time and quite a bit of care.

I am now experiencing more pain and signs of new adhesions and obstruction.

So, I'm not one of those folks who know an answer for you.

Living with chronic pain is tough. I don't know any answers except pain management and emotional support. I go heavy on my own personal emotional support -- writing in my journals and on-line, pampering myself when I'm feeling down or in extra pain, meditation, prayer, reading.

I have less confidence in pain drugs since many leave me fuzzy headed, and I want to remain as clear as possible. I do take daily ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.

My golden retriever is a help. He is a constant companion with his own arthritic hips. In the last few dull winter days, he's been limping too. We keep each other company.

I think there is a difference when a doctor says, "There's nothing I can do" from when he or she says "This isn't real."

My doctors know the pain is real, but don't have an easy answer. I think that is because there just isn't one.

Kate<color><param>0000,0000,FF00</param><FontFamily><param>Script MT Bold</param>

<nofill> Kate Murphy katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: