Re: Leaving Saturday for Scranton...

Tue Oct 24 22:20:48 2000

I think it is silly!!

Unless you have complications why stay. Your in a hotel with distance that would allow for you to be followed by DR. Redan & reich. I went to New York, had my adhesiolysis up in Harlem..then went back to our hotel after a five hour surgery..the hotel was in lower Manhattan...one hour away! Sure, I had surgery pain..but being that my surgery was uneventful, no need to stay in a hospital. The lady who went to NY with me for her adhesiolysis with Reich did the same....3 hour surgery...no reason to stay unless there are complications..BUT..I would plan to stay in the hotel a week before traveling.

You didn't read Markfords log of surgery in Scranton or you would have known this to be common practice and it would probabaly decreased a lot of fears for you. To be educated is to feel secure in knowing what is right or not...you have time to study that report....and it may help you lay some fears to rest and be able to look forward to getting well....

Bev

>----- Original Message -----
From: Sherry Marie <SMGNWV@aol.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 9:08 PM Subject: Leaving Saturday for Scranton...

> Well, everything is finalized and it's time to pack. Community Medical
> Center called today to make sure all information was correct. I must
> confess, I am quite nervous about this surgery being an outpatient one.
> I guess that's because I have never had a surgery that went without
> complications. After my last surgery I developed an acute bowel
> obstruction one week after the surgery. It was horrible. I don't want
> to leave Scranton for home and get sick on the 8 hour drive home. I'm
> sure once we get there and talk with Dr. Redan I will feel better. Do
> you think it's silly to want to stay in the hospital a day or two? Sorry
> to ramble but I'm getting nervous. Any words of wisdom or advice? In
> friendship, Sherry Marie
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: