Re: Hello

Mon May 15 15:51:30 2000

Toni,

Did you happen to read the message yesterday from Joanne? She flew to Germany where they used the Intergel......for much cheaper than it would be here. She feels that she has been cured of her adhesions and I think that if that is true.....we have much to hope for. However, I do not think that Intergel will be approved here in the states. One of the reasons it was denied for use was the increased likelihood of infection following the placement of the intergel. I personally feel that ten weeks post op is way too soon to say we are cured of adhesions.....I am sure Joanne is feeling like a new woman, but I wouldn't throw caution to the wind in saying that I was cured if it were me. We all know how pain from adhesions can show up......just when we least expect it. It can take up to a couple of years for the pain to show up. Another patient had the same procedure done over in Germany and is now worse off. I don't know whether one should take the chance or not.....it is up to the individual. I know that I would like to know just what procedure this doctor used? Did he use clot evacuation? Did he leave any Ringers solution in at the end of the procedure? What was this doctor's theory on adhesions? What does he feel causes adhesions to form? These are all answers that I need to have before I can consider taking this step. I would love to get back to Germany.....I lived there for a couple of years and what better of an opportunity.

Karla

>----- Original Message -----
From: toni welsh <twelsh1@hotmail.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, May 15, 2000 2:12 PM Subject: Hello

> I have been unable to get to the computer for awhile, we could not get
> onlne for some reason, just want you all to know I am still thinking of
> all of you. it has been hectic since my father in law died 2 weeks ago,
> I am not feeling any better, at times worse, but I am trying still to
> wiat for Intergel to get approved, why do they not want to help us
>
> Toni
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: