Waiting for a diagnosis

Tue May 9 04:32:06 2000

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 1998 by a laparoscopy, I had injections of Zolodex for 1 year then Sept 1999 I had a hysterectomy. In January 2000 I started getting acute lower right abdominal pains and was rushed to hospital and treated with opiates. So far I have been told it was appedicitis, burst ovarian cyst (good, seeing as I haven't got a right ovary), kidney stones, Urinary Tract infection, Kidney malfunction and a host of other things. I have been in and out of hospital since January and I have been unable to work. I am awaiting an appointment to see my 4th consultant about the possibility of the prblem being adhesions. I knew nothing about this problem until I found this Web site. I don't know wether to be consoled or frightened about what I have read. Do other people have this acute pain ( I get an attack about twice a week and only morphine or pethidine helps, an attack can last from 2 to 7 hours and i am often hospitalised and also there is blood in my urine) I am on permant anti inflamatary pain killers and and finding it difficult to see an end to the attacks. I am at the hospital on monday 15th May and I will inform you of my progress.

--
Viv

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: