Re: Intergel

Sun Apr 16 22:41:15 2000

Hi everyone,

I am just writing to let you know that I am to have an operation here in Brisbane with the use of Intergel. It is not approved as yet in Australia, but Johnson & Johnson have some vials over here for patients in great need. The operation will be on the 16th May at the Wesley Hospital (private) by my surgeon Dr George Fielding. Dr Fielding was the first to try the Seprafilm (sp) but it has been unsuccessful in my case. He has used it 3 times on me and has found that the adhesions area is improving, but definitely not OK as yet. The last operation on the 8th March was a bit of a disaster. I have been back and forth to the hospital for 5 weeks now with various infections, and collections. I am just trying to build up my strength now for another operation. As soon as I am able I will let you know how I am doing and what the results have been. Also Robyne Hinks has had a massive operation a couple of weeks ago, by my surgeon (hers was an idiot), and he removed a hernia the size of a dinner plate and her adhesions and used the Seprafilm (sp) to help stop the reoccurrence of adhesions. She is still in alot of pain but she is getting there. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Regards, Lynette

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: