Re: Re[2]: Bad day

Mon Dec 13 18:09:21 1999

It is not only a real sad day when people who are suffering pain have to FIGHT to get releif, it is a shame on that DR!!!...but unfortunatly Laoura you will have to exert some enegerey, the little that you have left, to get on something as you do NOT have to suffer as you are. There is pain medications that will offer you releif from your pain, no matter what your Dr. says, you have a right to pain releif...show him this bill on PAIN RELEIF and then tell him that you are goping to contact your congressman about his practices. YOu DO NOT have to spend your hoildays in the hospital, nor do you have to spend your holidays or any other days sufferring the severity that you are! I am not saying that you will get total pain releif, but I do know that there is something that you can take for some pain trelief...that is a fact! A cocktail of medications can be very effective and NOT be addicting, they don't even have to be narcotics for petes sakes! Let your DR. see some of our letters to you, let him see that he is treating you in an inhuman manner, and then CONTACT your congressman about him!! I was taking 2 Ultram 50mgs, with 1 600 mg Darvocet every 4 hours...and a LodineX at 500mgs intermittently to the other medications at twice a day Lodine is an anti-inflamitory medication ) All meds non habit forming...7pm: took 4Sominex/pain tablets ( over counter) plus 2 Darvocets...2am..@ Ultram and 1 Darvocet!! Now that is an aggressive pain management routine, but at least I didn't get hooked on anything!!

Judiciary Committee Passes Pain Relief Bill Copyright ©1999 The Disability News Service, Inc. Washington, D.C.- The U.S. House Judiciary Committee approve H.R. 2260, The Pain Relief and Promotion Act of 1999 on September 14. The proposed law promotes the education and training of doctors in state-of-the-art methods of pain relief, and is endorsed by groups such as the American Medical Association, the National Hospice Organization, the American Academy of Pain Management, Americans for Integrity in Palliative Care, and Physicians for Compassionate Care.

The bill provides research grants to improve treatment of pain, depression and other causes of suffering in people who are chronically or terminally ill. If the bill is enacted, physicians will have the ability to aggressively manage pain in those people, even if such treatment, in rare circumstances, might increase the likelihood of death. At the same time, the Act also clarifies the issue that controlled substances may not be used to cut short pain and palliative care through assisted suicide or euthanasia. The landmark legislation also protects doctors, nurses and patients by educating local, state and federal law officers to better accommodate the legitimate use of controlled substances.

Reflecting a nationwide problem, the Oregon Board of Medical Examiners recently disciplined a physician for failing to provide sufficient pain treatment for his patients.

This week's Lancet documents that patients' longing for death dramatically fluctuates, and usually arises from treatable conditions such as depression, fear or discomfort.

H.R. 2260 is bipartisan legislation sponsored by Representatives Henry Hyde (R-IL) and Bart Stupak (D-MI). Posted 9/14/99

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

>----- Original Message ----- From: Laura A Johnsrud <johnsrud@allina.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@talk.obgyn.net> Sent: Monday, December 13, 1999 12:33 PM Subject: Re[2]: Bad day

> None. My doctor doesn't want me to "depend" on pain medication. > Over-the-counter NSAIDs don't help at all when it's this bad. > > Laura > > ____________________Reply Separator____________________ > Subject: Re: Bad day > ____________________Reply Separator____________________ > Author: <adhesions@obgyn.net> > Date: 12/13/99 12:10 PM > > Laura, > I am sorry to hear that you are having so much pain! Losing sleep is > only adding to the stress that your pain already causes you. > > What kind of medication are you taking for pain? > > - - - - - - - > > At Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Laura wrote: > > > >Hi all, > > > >I am in the midst of what is probably one of the worst bouts of pain > >that I've had since I got out of the hospital in October. I'm already > >getting dehydrated, so I know this is a bad episode. I just don't want > >to be in the hospital over Christmas for the third year in a row. I've > >gotten four hours of sleep since Friday. I can't even stand up > >straight. Somehow, I have to try to figure out how to work a 12 hour > >day today. I don't even have the enery to cry anymore. Thanks for > >letting me vent. > > > >-- > >Laura > > > >-- > >Laura Johnsrud > >Savage, MN > > > > -- > The 15th century proverb which summarizes the purpose of medicine is: > * To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always. * >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: