very upset

Tue Dec 7 22:39:12 1999

I am usually a commenter and lurker here but I needed to vent - it might be long so fair warning. I am so angry that I can't even sleep.

I just had my year review at work. I was fair certainly that I would get a 2 or 3 overall rating (its 1-5, 1 being best, 5 being worst).

Guess what, I get a 4 - unsatisfactory. Can you believe that? The bad part is that they based it on my sick days. For the last six months since my last review I have done every task they have asked me. Not only that I have done it with a positive attitude and it was completed on or before the deadline. No one has made any complaint - even stating that I did exceptionally well on some projects.

How does someone that does exceptionally well on projects get a 3 or 4 when it was flawless?? I was given a 3 on everything (satisfactory) and a 4 on my attendance. I have been up front with the whole endo deal and even gave them some confidential medical records.

Instead they punish me for having it - and to top that I am on probation for missed days. Ugggghhhhh!!!!

It has suddenly dawned on me that maybe they are giving me these bad reviews hoping that I will move or quit. They also are being very "helpful" about giving me assistance in advancing in the company. Why would you help someone advance that you gave bad reviews to?? It is constant persecution. On top of that I am still in the middle of getting assessed with Dr. Perloe and he is leaning towards surgery. I need this insurance to continue seeing him. Great, another block of time I am out.

Some of you may remember that I ran into this before at the last review but I decided to bend over backwards and go the extra mile, thinking they would give me decent reviews. On top of the probation I can't even get a raise. They told me that they talked to the division head and he said it was okay for them to revisit it again in 6 months instead of a year and that I should thank them. Must be the Christmas spirit (ha, note my sarcasm).

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: