Tests necessary before a Lap

Tue Nov 30 05:31:24 1999

I had a Total Abd. Hyst.5/26.As soon as I woke up I had this lumpy feeling that has not gone away.I am very uncomfortable and have some pain.My OBGYN just shrugged it off and my Internist said Irritable Bowel and just gave me some RX that has not really helped.Since this is probably adhesions can they be diagnosed with tests and why have tests if they have to do Lap to fix it anyway?I know situation is different now, but before Hyst. I had CT scan,colonsopy,upper GI,small bowel,gallbladder ultrasound,gallbladder dye test.All negative.So Can I just go straight to Lap to find out my problem now?Also I need to know recovery time,other differences between Laparatomy and Laproscope?Can I have either one after Abd, surgery?I have an appt with my OBGYN this FRiday and will ask if he will order CT scan and give me something for the pain.I don't think I want him to do Lap though.I live in Georgia,close enough to go to Atlanta.Any referrals?Thank you.Also what RX may help with the pain?I am going to try to get this done before the end of the year as my Ins.pays at 100% until year end.Susan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: