What do I do now?

Mon Nov 22 14:47:57 1999

Apparently, adhesions are nothing new. I'm one of those considering something drastic because no one seems to be able to help. Long story short: 6/97 hysterectomy and left oophorectomy for severe endometriosis 8/97 right oopherectomy with appendectomy (ob/gyn said she "couldn't find my ovary" it was already enveloped in a mass that included my appendix. 4/98 removal of softball-sized pelvic mass that they call an ovarian cyst; half-way through 6 week hospitalization, developed small bowel obstruction, removed 24 inches of sb, redeveloped ileus 12/98 removal of diverticulum that had developed from side-to side anastamosis (attached to stomach) and another ileus. Ten days after discharge, severe pain redeveloped inpatient 2 days, on 4 weeks TPN therapy at home. 11/99 readmitted for partial small bowel obstruction (5 days) Two weeks after discharge, another partial obstruction. Surgeon states this will be an ongoing problem prescribes Bentyl then Levsin. No relief.

The pain is getting progressively worse. My abdomen is distending as I am writing this. Everyone says that I am overproducing scar tissue and adhesions, and there is nothing they can do. I can't live like this anymore

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: