Lactose Intolerance

Tue Nov 16 05:55:06 1999

Hi!

I could use some opinions! Somewhere in the middle of my pain problem of the last 2 years I also developed intestinal distress (mainly excessive gas/turbulence/bloat, but not the alternating constipation/diarrhea of IBS) I was sure that extra fiber was the culprit, although the problem did not seem to be relieved *that much* when I cut back to my normal amounts of fiber, which I always thought was a healthy amount. I went on vacation last month and for 2 weeks ate a high protein, high fat diet with low fiber and had a significant decrease in symptoms. But just recently someone mentioned the possibility that I could be lactose intolerant. WHAT? It is true that on this 2 week vacation I also ate very little dairy products. Is this possible? Can a person suddenly become lactose intolerant at the age of 50 (almost)? Since the person told me this I have had very little dairy products and I have had a significant decrease in symptoms. If this is possible, then maybe other people who have a lot of intestinal distress should consider the possibility that lactose intolerance is adding to their problems.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: