Re: left vs. right sided pain

Mon Aug 9 16:09:03 1999

Christine, I do not think that we don't want to hear what you have to say regarding pelvic pain nor do I think that we as a whole do not believe that our pain "could" be pelvic in origin. But, for you to take an accusatory tone in your e-mail is both counterproductive and futile. We ALL need support and we need to get it wherever and whenever we can. If you choose not to discuss your problems in this forum, that is your right but to assume that we do not want to hear them is on you. Also, you are right, this is a ADHESION FORUM, yet, I have to this time to hear anyone turn someone away in pain and not have a response. Pain is pain, any way you call it and when you hurt, we hurt. Please think the next time you write these kinds of hurtful remarks. You never know how they fall. Also remember what my grandma used to say: "The sword always cuts two ways." With Great Affection, Laura.

>>> Christine M. Smith <smithy@maine.rr.com> 08/08/99 05:22PM >>>
Hello everyone: I was only repeating what my gyn told me and what many women have written-that they couldn't understand why they had so much pain on their right side when it was their left ovary, etc. that was the problem. I did say in my post that it doesn't mean you *can't* have pelvic pain on the left side from left sided disorders, its just that you can't depend on right sided pain to indicate a right sided problem. I am sure there is some explanation about the way the pelvis is innervated that explains this phenomenon. It's beyond my understanding and that's why I believed my doctor. I am also beginning to suspect that there is no interest on this forum in my suggestions that pelvic pain could be caused by anything other than adhesions when adhesions are present. I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised at that, as this is an adhesion forum and not a chronic pelvic pain forum. So I will not mention my MRI and spine problems causing pelvic pain again.(although the ob-gyn website documents muscular-skeletal problems as a recognized source of chronic pelvic pain) It was not the first thing that I thought of either, believe me. I do think its wisest to keep an open mind, though, or you may never find the source of your pain. Best wishes to everyone trying to solve their pelvic pain problem.

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: