Please........Desperately need advice!!!!!

Mon Aug 2 22:25:53 1999

Thanks for reading this! I need all the help I can get!! I have been very sick again.....the fourth time this summer! My doctor finally took me serious enough to recommend some tests and I don't know much about them. On Friday I am supposed to have a Sigmoidoscopy? and a Barium Enema.......doesn't sound like much fun. The Friday after that I have to have an upper GI. If all of these are negative, he wants to schedule exploratory surgery. If I have to do that it will be my 9th surgery for adhesions. Should I have all those tests first? Will that just be more misery for nothing? I feel like I have to do what he says, at least he's doing something besides sending me home with antibiotics and pain pills!! What about more surgery? Is it worth making this worse to maybe get a few months of being better???? I have missed 17 days of work this year alone and I'm scared to death that I will lose my job! My boss thinks having more surgery is the thing to do, but I am so unsure! Please tell me what you think.....and any info you might have about these tests!

Thanks

Valerie

--
Valerie Gates

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: