Re: Another normal test!?

Tue Jul 20 15:24:53 1999

Laura, Thanks for the message. I live in Atlanta. This is my second PCP. My last one felt like all my problems were irritable bowel and we had an argument over the fact that irritable bowel does not cause bleeding, infections or localized sharp pains. I then swithed to a PCP who believed we needed to investigate things further and that it is not IBS. She sent me on to a GI who did nothing and then sent me to this latest GI who did the colonoscopy and endoscopy and he found nothing. She won't do anything including give meds until she sees the report from the GI which will be next week. The problem is I have been so sick for three months now already. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone with one side telling me it's adhesions and the other saying it can't be because of the blood and bottom line, nobody is doing anything. I guess I'll give her till next week to see if she comes up with any ideas and then it's back to searching for another PCP. Thanks for your advice. I will keep trying, it just gets so hard sometimes.

At Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Laura Newman wrote: >
>Ginny, do you live in the Maryland area? The reason I ask is because I go to a pretty good P.M. center and they have no problem with giving you what you need. As for me, I am on a morphine pump (pump is implanted in a pocket under the skin with the tube attached to my spine), I take 900 mg of Neurotin during the day and 1200 at night along with 50 mg of Elavil at bedtime. I STILL suffer a great deal during the day (I work as a legal secretary) and literally collapse when I get home every evening. If it were not for the drugs, I wouldn't be able to even do any of this. My second question to you is this - why not switch pcp's (I did when I was with CapCare and NYLCare) until you get someone you can work with? I tell you, managed care sucks, but, if it is all you have, at least make it work FOR you. I believe you shouldn't have to beg for something that is do you, a little comfort, that is all you are asking. He/she should be sympathic to your needs and when they are not, move on
>. You have to decide when you have had enough. Don't let them keep you or a string!!
>
>>>> Ginny King <gking@myrickre.com> 07/19/99 03:28PM >>>
>Well, I had my colonoscopy and endoscopy and received another normal
>result with the exception of the diagnosis of reflux( a problem I have
>not had any symtons of) They are waiting on the biopsy reports but it
>looks like another trip to the surgeon to discuss the adhesions. The
>pain I am in seems to be adhesion related as it is the same intense
>burning, tearing pain I have had in the past. But still no explaination
>for the blood, diarrhea and infections that periodically attack my
>bowels. Oh well, I kind of figured that. I still have not received
>anything for the pain (It was so bad last week my husband had to come
>get me and carry me to the car because I couldn't walk). I don't take