Catch up time

Wed Jul 7 21:50:35 1999

We've been away, and the board has been down since we returned, but we'd like to rejoin the forum now that we have access again.

Could I just add a point or two about Donna's experience. Regarding flax, her homeopathic Dr. sent her home with "Fortified Flax" by mega-life, Inc., which, of course, we forgot to take with us to the Cape. So we went to a health food store and bought their "NutriFlax", figuring they would be the same. Not so! Fortified Flax has an ingredient called Omega-3 - the other did not. "FF" has 8.1g of dietaary fiber, while "NF" only has 3g. "FF" has 6.5g soluable fiber, while "NF" only has 1g. What I'm getting at is that "FF" has been more effective for Donna then the other, with less cramping. Not no cramping, she gets cramps every time she goes, but less painful cramping. Your experience may be different, of course.

A brief thought about joint pains. I have had joint pains myself and had thought them a result of aging and oncoming arthritis. Again, Donna's Dr has told her that joint pain can be caused by food allergies. (I'm not saying that Crohn's disease doesn't also have this symptom. I am unfamiliar with Crohn's.) Blood work Donna has had done has revealed some disturbing possible allergies - so Donna is on a very strict diet now, with the slow re-introduction of some foods to see how she reacts. Too early to report any progress, but if it helps Donna, I'm going for the blood tests myself to see if I can get some relief. That will be later, because for now, Donna's relief is more important than mine, and the blood work is $300 - insurance won't cover it.

Now a question - perhaps Dr Wiseman, Bev or Helen could answer this. I talked to a dear friend today at work who told me about her mother who had a hysterectomy about 20 years ago, went in for follow-up surgery a year later with adhesions - and never had a recurrance (she's now 76). How often does this happen? Are we (Donna and you other ladies) an unlucky few that gets nailed every time you have surgery for relief? Please include Linda D. in your prayers - complications to her conditions is leading to the removal of her colon next Tuesday. I am not very familiar with her history, so I don't know if adhesions figure in this or not, but please remember her - she's very frightened. Thanks.

--
Pete and Donna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: