>it to him to read.Maybe if he sees it in writing he will better
>understand and maybe come up with something other than adhesions.The
>pain intensifies when I urinate and also when the bladder completely
>empties.It also intensifies when I am having a bowel movement.The same
>day that I woke up in the middle of the night .I had another sharp pain
>{around 3:oo in the afternoon.I got up from the kitchen table and walked
>over to the counter and was doubled over with pain again on the left
>side.this time it only lasted about 30 seconds.I think I will call his
>office today and make an appointment for next week.Thanks for caring.
>Peggy

Hi Peggy: I can understand why you would've had the pain when you got up from the kitchen table, that happened immediately after the event. But hours later in the middle of the night? Unless it is related to your digestive tract. As things move through, perhaps there are some kinks or whatever. The small intestine is always moving slightly so the configuration can change regularly (I would think) Perhaps this is why you had the severe pain in the middle of the night and it wasn't related to the fact that you walked a lot during the day. I just don't understand how the adhesions could act up hours after an event. I get pain as the bladder empties. I figure as it is "collapsing" it is probably pulling on any adhesion attaching it to the abdominal wall or wherever. I also get a LOT of pain when it is full, almost as if the full bladder was pressing on something. So the pain of it emptying is actually better than the pain when it is full. I'm sure this has a lot to do with why I wake up in so much pain. The bladder is usually full then. I get no pain with bowel movements, never did,(except with periods and that is ancient history)even when my sigmoid colon was fixed into position with adhesions, pulled over to the right, and kinked back on itself. Don't you hate it when your doctor acts like what you are saying to him is the most peculiar thing he has ever heard? I can't believe he/she hasn't heard descriptions like this from a LOT of patients! I told several docs about the tightening feelings I get, almost like Braxton-Hicks contractions of pregnancy, although not quite as obvious. You wouldn't believe the looks I got. In fact, the GI doctor even asked me. Braxton-Hicks, what are they? Maybe they don't call them that anymore? He was a bit younger than me.

Chris

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: