Doctor appointment Friday and need support

Tue Jun 8 20:57:41 1999

Hello everyone, This has become such a wealth of information. Thanks to everyone. I have an appointment with my surgeon on Friday and I am feeling a bit frustrated. I have had 7 surgeries, 5 of them laparotomies, in 9 years. I have endured a ruptured tubal pregnancy, I hemorraghed when my intestine was nicked and now have adhesions on bowel and intestines, I have had bowel obstructions, I recently had a hysterectomy due to dense adhesions in my uterus, and I suffer from fibromyalgia. I am very tired of being in constant pain. I am 40 years old and had to quit my high paying job. I have 2 wonderful children and a grandson that I adore. I try to live my life to the fullest but it is increasingly difficult. Everthing I do requires great effort, I hate to get up in the morning because I feel so bad. I'm not ready to have surgery again, it's only been 6 months since the hysterectomy, appendectomy and lysis of dense adhesions. I want to ask my surgeon for some pain medicine that is stronger than the one I take, but I doubt he will do it. My pcp is the one who prescribes my pain meds. and refered me to a pain clinic. The pain Dr. was very rude, made me feel like I was a hopeless case. I ended up taking neurontin which didn't help me. I had surgery shortly after that and didn't go back. I'm sorry so long but you ladies are the only ones who understands how I feel. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day. I sure will try. I have a very loving husband and I am thankful for that. Sherry

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: