Re: Colo-rectal Surgeon Appt-Brenda

Mon Apr 19 12:02:38 1999

At Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Brenda wrote: >
>The pain you feel is the tugging that the adhesions do to the bowel. It
>is werid but hopefully you never get a full blown obstruction. If you
>ever start vomiting and having pain get to the ER quick.
>
>--
>Brenda

Hi Brenda: This might sound really weird to you, but I am almost wishing this would happen. The suspense of not knowing what is going on is starting to get to me. When I have these "attacks" that I have I'm always wondering if it's the "real thing" and if not, will I know its the real thing before I am really a mess. I suppose I will. >From the results of the last lap, it seems my problem is in the sigmoid
colon. From what I've read, obstruction of this area does not cause the same symptoms as obstruction of the small bowel. I worry more about the obstruction causing the bowel to twist. Yet the "attacks" I have sound more like it is the small bowel. I guess its possible there could be a loop of small bowel involved. This is what I'm hoping the colo-rectal surgeon will have some ideas about or suggest something to do (besides surgery). Can you understand how they could do a colonoscopy without noticing that the sigmoid colon was pulled to the right and stuck on the right pelvic wall? Couldn't they tell it was going in the direction opposite than what was expected? >

Chris S.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: