20years of abdominal adhesions

Sun Dec 2 22:59:02 2012

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Maikki Gonzalez Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:07 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: FW: 20years of abdominal adhesions

UnfortUnately for all of Us it feels like a losing battle. doctor say adhesions don't cause pain. however thousands of us are suffering.  I am at a total loss as well.  Many surgeons will not do surgery.  If you come up wIth an answer let me know.

______________________________________ On Nov 24, 2012 1:39 PM, "IAS Admin" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:

--

Hello,

My name is Patricia and I have been researching trying to find answers/help with abdominal adhesions.  I found your name on the IAS site to contact.  I am from Illinois and I have been fighting abdominal adhesions for over 20 years.

My problems first began about 20 years ago to my knowledge, pain, upset stomach and all the related issues that adhesions bring.  After 10 years of going to doctors with various issues and beginning to think they thought I was crazy because nothing showed to explain the problems I began having serious issues with my female parts and went to my OB/GYN at that time (since retired) and he told me what he suspected and the only way to know was laproscopic surgery.  We did this in 2001 only to find a serious mess of adhesions and said he wish he had cut me wide open.  This helped for several years, but I had to undergo 2 more surgeries after for an appendectomy and another c-section.  A few years later my family physician and I determined that the adhesions were back, after seeking counsel from a local surgeon and researching other doctors to try and get help no one wanted to do anything because they say its a losing battle.  Everytime we go in it's gonna create more, while I understand this they need to understand my position as well.  So another 10 years down the road and I am in so much pain I can not stand it anylonger.  I am barely able to eat, mainly soft foods because I end up in extreme pain after eating, i am completely nauseated and begining to regurgitate when I really have nothing in me.  It is even effecting my bladder, it has effected my bowels for sometime but it has not gotten to the point that I never know when or how the consistency is going to be. I am at a loss as to what to do at this point.

I am looking for anyone who can help or give me advice on someone to see for this to help.

Thank You,

Patricia

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: