is there anyone on this forum that has been small bowel obstruction

Sat May 5 09:49:04 2012

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Betty Jones Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:07 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: is there anyone on this forum that has been small bowel obstruction

I am not sure I agree with this diagnosis.  I have no colon.  Removed in 96 for ulcerative colitis.  I then was tested for Crohns disease.  I did not have Crohns so I got a J Pouch. You can't have a J pouch with Crohns. I have had 4 small bowel obstructions.  Because of multiple surgeries I developed Adhesions on my small bowel.  There is no cure.  I was told each surgery makes them grow more!  I am full medical disability now.  I am only 57 yrs. old.  Just had to accept it.  My J pouch has failed after 16 years and on 3/15/12 I had major surgery again, and I now have a permanent ileostomy.  Unfortunately, while in there, the surgeons confirmed my adhesions, and cleaned them up as much as possible, but they will continue to grow.  Ouch.  What a bummer.   I just accept it and move on.  I still will have small bowel obstructions forever, and I must be hospitalized each time.  So unfortunate.  Thanks for the information. 

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM, IAS Admin <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote: Sender: nocturn66@gmail.com (ali) Subject: Re: is there anyone on this forum that has been small bowel obstruction

Adhesions have been linked to SIBO or small intestine bacterial over growth.  Sibo is a syndrom that arises when the mucles of the gult have impeded motility and bacteria in the colon get backed up in to the small intestine where they do belong causing gas bloating malabsorbtion etc google sibo and adhesions

At Tue, 6 Mar 2012, dorothy wrote: >
>I am just curious if it is possible to go sbo free after having had 3 of
>them?
>Is there ANY glimmer of hope for us in this life?????
>
>I had my last surgery 1 yr ago today, and frankly, I am very anxious
>that that means another one is on the way soon.
>
>I was on Dr.  Oz's website and he mentions something called Active
>Release Therapy for adhesions, what is ART? Has anyone tried it???
>
>Could parasites and/or candida be the culprit of the sbo's???
>
>IS THERE HOPE?!!!!!!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: