New and need help

Sun Feb 26 18:03:06 2012

Hi all,

I found this site after searching the internet for help. After reading so many of your stories, I am glad I have found YOU. I have not been diagnosed with abdominal adhesions yet. I recently went through another round of tests by my new gastro doctor. Although he found plenty wrong (diverticulitis, ulcers, internal hemmoroids, and GERD), he does not believe any of those is the cause for my pain. He suggested that it might be adhesion related.

I am 39 years old. I had a C-section 20 years ago followed by a tubal ligation and then a complete hysterectomy. My pain started really bad after my tubal surgery. I complained and complained to my gyno, but all he would do was give me pain pills. As a mother of 2 young children that wasn't the answer I was looking for.

It took moving and seeing a new gyno to realize that something was wrong. So much so that he scheduled me for surgery on my first visit to him. After planning just to remove my uterus due to heavy bleeding, he found that I had endo so bad that he removed everything. Ovaries, tubes, uterus, and cervix. That was 12 years ago.

I have been back and forth to gynecologists, gastro doctors and my family doctor for my pain. This is the first time adhesions have been mentioned to me and after reading the symptoms of so many of you, I am pretty sure that is what I have too.

Right now my stomach is so distended that I look about 7 months pregnant. I can hardly eat because I always feel full. The pain and cramping gets so bad that I have almost no life. I miss so many important events due to the pain. I haven't be able to have sex with my husband for 4 years because of the excruciating pain. When I complained about this to my gyno he told me to relax and drink some wine to "loosen me up." I am to the point where I don't know where else to turn or what to do.

I would appreciate any guidance that you could offer. I am at my wits end.

Jen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: