Adhesion after C-Sections?

Wed Jan 25 18:07:20 2012

Hi! I had my 2nd section 17 months ago...Six weeks post-partum I had a funny pain in my rib area and it felt bubbly when I breathed in deeply only when lying on left side for a long time. Once I took a breath and got up, it stopped. I stayed in this position ALL night without moving except to nurse the baby for at least the first 6 months! She slept in a co-sleeper beside me and if I moved she woke up! So, after 6 weeks of that, the weird rib/gurgle started . Dr. couldn't hear anything in my lungs and said no x-ray b/c I was breastfeeding. Said it was acid reflux. Didn't go away.

Fast forward to the one year mark...my rib started hurting and my floating rib popping in and out when I pressed that side. Still couldn't get an xray- breastfeeding. Then, my side (right at base of lowest rib on left) starting having an off and on dull ache especially when I woke up after lying on that side. Some days, no pain, others a little nagging ache (not really painful...just an uncomfortable nuisance that lasts a second and stops).

Almost like something is sticking me in the side??? Anyway, I had an ultrasound of the whole flank and rib area to look for soft-tissue damage or fluid. I worried it was a kidney but she said that was in the back, not right under my rib in the side/front. Ultrasound was Normal. My Left side looks just like my right via ultrasound. Dr. told me I could get an xray now since I am not nursing anymore, but if it was a broken rib...nothing they do anyway.

Soooo, I am wondering, could this be an adhesion thing? I know there's no bowel obstruction since it's been so long and I didn't have that problem. This is way away from my incision. It's right under the LEFT lowest rib on the side at waist level. Would tissue be able to adhere that far away from surgery site? I read ultrasounds do not show adhesions. Is this true? I have my annual OB/GYN checkup next month so will be asking her about all this!

Thank You for any comments you may have on this!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: