Re: Constant back pain, bowel issues

Wed Dec 28 23:00:00 2011

and I get the distinct feeling that my >gynecologist doesn't want to do anything with this... perhaps he's
>inexperienced in taking down adhesions. All I know is I'm miserable day
>in and day out. Any comments?

I'm in the same boat. I don't have the back pain (not yet anyway) but I've had what I'm sure are adhesion-rekated issues for close to 28 years now. I only got one 2-week respite back in 1991 when I had an exploratory lap for pelvic pain. I was told that nothing was found- they just recommended hysterectomy due to fibroids but I knew that wasn't the answer so I said no thanks. Interestingly, I esperienced a strong loosening effect- in fact, one night while laying in bed I felt something in my abdomen snap and it literally shrunk in half. I felt fabulous for 2 weeks but then I felt the tightening return and all of my pelvic pain and so-called IBS symptoms with it. Doctors said they did nothing to cause this improvement but they must have done some cutting of adhesions while they were in there but didn't think it was worth mentioning or didn't want to. Who knows. So anyway, it's like I had adhesiolysis without knowing it.

And I didn't know about adhesions until maybe 10 years ago. I have been told by physical therapists and my medically-oriented massage therapist that I have some pretty bad restrictions due to adhesions. My sigmoid area is really bad. I eventually gave in to hysterctomy 13 years ago and my left pelvic area has been really bad ever since. I have inflamed nerves, sciatica, vulvodynia, sometimes a sense of a fistula. Still have the so-called IBS. Yet gynecologists will not do anything but a pelvic exam no matter what I say. I tell them what the physicalo therapists said and it falls on deaf ears.

Having to go to a full-time job with this pain and some of the humiliating symptoms-from the heat of the vulvodynia and the leakage of an apparent fistula- i.e., I stink and people insult me right behind my back about it- that go with it it insane. And besides all these things, the hysterectomy made what adhesions I already had worse. My abdominal wall and pelvic floor feel like sandpaper. The gynecologist that did the surgery dropped me like a hot potato- did not want to speak to me at post-op visits.

I sometimes think about going to an attorney to see if they could get somebody to help. But then doctors would probably want nothing to do with me. Still, it feels like medical negligence when you are refused proper help for your problems.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: