Re: Pain Management

Sun Feb 20 13:35:35 2011

Yep, my pain doctor does the same thing. He just sits there typing away on his laptop without looking up. I have been going to him for a few years now and he just seems to have given up. I told him that I am usually in more pain at night when I settle down to go to bed. The pain in my gut just flares up and then I am in fetal position and waiting to just fall asleep so that I don't have to think about. He just says that there is nothing else I can do. I am on 5 lowest dosage of vicodin a day. I just asked that he give me a smaller presciption for something stronger to take at night. I have articualted this for the last 7 visits- I keep notes now.. And the answer is the same everytime.. These guys are not GOD like they believe themselves to be. I am so bitter with the medical profession right now and have little to no faith in them. They are so arrogant and to me are completey un professional. I am in the private sector for business- My boss would never let me perform sub par performance. Maybe that is what these guys need- a system that monitors their performance and interactions with their "clients" patients... I am just so fed up right now.. I go in on the 15th of February to hear and see the same stupid behavior.. just listen to me, not aknowledge, not try ANYTHING different, and just type away at your computer while I am talking to you.. Fun stuff.....

At Sat, 29 Jan 2011, angela wrote: >
>I unfortunately live with daily pain some days the pain is unbearable.Last
>week i went to my scheduled appointment with my Pain Management physician I
>had been in tremendous pain with pain upon walking. I informed the Pain
>Management MD of the pain. He was writing in my chart without looking up
>shrugged his shoulders & said "you should of gone to the er". I could not
>believe the arrogance & uncaring statement.He didn't examine me or question
>the scale of pain, ask me what I have done for pain relief.I told him I did
>not go to the er because all they do is give me morphine order a bunch of
>tests & blood work send me home & I still have the same problem PAIN.I told
>him just to walk in the er my coinsurance is $300.00 because I am not
>working & already know what the er is going to do I decided to keep my pain
>management appointment & not go to the er.Still he did not look at me &
made >no other comment.He then handed me the same narcotic prescription & ordered
>an MRI for my back.I could not believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so evident
>that this provider has no care or concern for my health!This man is
supposed >to be one of the best providers in his field!The narcotic he prescribes
>isn't working any more I have been on it since 2008.I am just so upset
>feeling this way & being under the care of physicians who lack knowledge
>about adhesions related disorder.
>Is any one else going through this?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: