Re: Pain Management

Sun Feb 20 13:38:58 2011

>
>At Sat, 29 Jan 2011, angela wrote:
>>
>>I unfortunately live with daily pain some days the pain is
>>unbearable.
>>Is any one else going through this?

I am fortunate that my PCP is excellent AND has been through this with me for the past 30 years - I don't know what I'll do when he utltimately retires. When pain mgt had reached it's peak, again, he asked whether I'd like to talk to this young surgeon he knew. I of course said yes, and he made tthe call to talk with this doc - he said he was quite nervous and prepared for the usual "No". But, this surgeon said he'd be happy to see me and see if he could do anything to help. What the PCP and I both found out - this guy was compassionate. I found that to be true with Dr. R in Florida who operated on me 10 years ago when he was still in NYC. Traveling for this type of surgery has stresses in and of itself, which is the only reason I opted out of Celebration. This young surgeon did a cold scissors laparascopy on me in Nov 2010. Got 75% - and yes the pain is MUCH better. The remaining 25% are such that any attempt to lysis them would inevitably cut the bowel and this could be fatal. This surgeon is more than willing to help again in the future. This does wonders for my mental health! He even presented us with before and after pictures - which helps when you ARE hospitalized after an ER visit. Pain is much better, I'm off pain meds - for awhile. I know the adhesions in the abdomen will likely return. But as far as I am concerned - even 12 months of greatly reduced pain is worth it. Hope you find some relief soon.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: