Re: Pain Management

Fri Feb 11 18:28:28 2011

Most Pain Clinics, in my experience, specialize in Back Pain. The last Pain doc that I interviewed told me that he usually sees back pain patients, that what he had to offer was a prescription for pain medication and regular visits to monitor my use of those meds. He said that he had nothing else to offer, had no experience in treating patients with adhesion pain and suggested that I talk to my primary care physician about the long term use of narcotics in order to become more educated about the effects on my body and then make a decision. He was very clear and kind. don't go to the dry cleaners to pick up groceries, and skip the (back) pain clinics for Adhesion Pain support and save yourself the suffering. all that is done in a pain clinic is managing pain through medications, usually narcotics. That's it. Referrals to Psychiatrists and Counselors for the mental issues of being in chronic pain is sometimes available in Pain Clinics. Most of the Doctors that I know get worn down and burned out when they work in a field where they cannot cure their patients. I can't imagine what it would be like as a Pain Doctor. We know more about Pain Management than most experts. For now. I hope that someday that anyone could go to ONE place to receive information and support for the use of medication, meditation, exercise, acupuncture, relaxation, massage, vitamin and herbal supplements, yoga..... I am fortunate to have my primary care Physician and my Acupuncturist working together to assist me in staying as healthy as possible while I deal with being in pain all the time. I am so sorry for your frustration. Donna

At Sat, 29 Jan 2011, angela wrote: >
>I unfortunately live with daily pain some days the pain is
>unbearable.Last week i went to my scheduled appointment with my Pain
>Management physician I had been in tremendous pain with pain upon
>walking. I informed the Pain Management MD of the pain. He was
>writing in my chart without looking up shrugged his shoulders & said
>"you should of gone to the er". I could not believe the arrogance &
>uncaring statement.He didn't examine me or question the scale of pain,
>ask me what I have done for pain relief.I told him I did not go to the
>er because all they do is give me morphine order a bunch of tests &
>blood work send me home & I still have the same problem PAIN.I told him
>just to walk in the er my coinsurance is $300.00 because I am not
>working & already know what the er is going to do I decided to keep my
>pain management appointment & not go to the er.Still he did not look at
>me & made no other comment.He then handed me the same narcotic
>prescription & ordered an MRI for my back.I could not believe
>this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so evident that this provider has no care or
>concern for my health!This man is supposed to be one of the best
>providers in his field!The narcotic he prescribes isn't working any
>more I have been on it since 2008.I am just so upset feeling this way &
being under the care of physicians who lack knowledge about adhesions related disorder. >Is any one else going through this?

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: