FW: Hell on earth...

Thu May 6 01:05:31 2010

________________________________________ From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of
--
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 4:23 PM
To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org
Subject: Re: FW: Hell on earth...

I read the email below & I am also a person with abdominal adhesions since I was 30yrs. old & now 61yrs. old....would love to share email with both Sandi & Deanna.  We have a lot in common.

If you would like to correspond with me my name is JoAnn live in IL.

[ADMIN Note: JoAnn, you only need to "reply" to any of the posts to get your messages to go to others on the message board to read. If you want to correspond directly with someone, typically, their email address is visible in the message trail -- Tracy]

In a message dated 5/1/2010 8:30:30 P.M. Central Daylight Time, tracy.joslin@adhesions.org writes: Sender: slpslezak@hotmail.com (Sandi) Subject: Re: Hell on earth...

At Fri, 26 Mar 2010, IAS Admin  wrote: > >Subject: Hell on earth... > >Hello, my name is Deanna and I had a small bowel obstruction after I got >home on March 18, 2003.  I was in pain way before that but doctors kept >telling me it was in my head.  I had a hysterectomy on December 21, 2000 >(of course they didn't remove my left ovary but for some reason left me >open for five hours, jut rooting around I guess.  They briefly went over >the risk as if it really wasn't a risk at all but they had to say it >anyway.  If I had been told the whole horrible truth about adhesions and >what they could cause I would have never agreed to this surgery.  My >life as I knew it was over the day they put me on that operating table >in 2000!!! I have had many surgeries to save my life, and am in pain all >the time.  I have and still am missing out on my three beautiful sons >lives.  I have PTSD AND MDD.  They all say you are to young too be this >bad off.  Just except it, I just want to scream at the top of my lungs >everyday, Somebody please help me!!! But no help comes.  Not only that >though I want and need someone to talk too that knows what I am going >through...that is why I am here,searching for a pen pal to talk to that >can understand me.  I use to be active,strong, and the life of the >party, now I am lucky to go to the store and occasionally to see a >friend.  Other than that I am laying or sitting on my increasing ass and >stomache.  Sorry if I sound angry,well I am I guess.  But I just feel >alone, I know I am not the only pour soul out there searching for >understanding and someone to talk to about this horrible disease.  Thank >You for reading.  If you want to talk to me you know where to reach me.

Deanna-You've come to the right place.  I'm so sorry you are in pain.  I understand, as I have been battling pelvic/abdominal adhesions for nearly 20 years.  I, too had a hysterectomy in 2000 (total of 10 surgeries to date). I know it's frustrating and difficult - please know there are others "like you" and understand.  And no, it's not all in your head.  I know what's its like to spend countless days "on the couch" or in the hospital with obstructions.  I have a 13 year old daughter, and I feel I miss out on a lot.  Thanks goodness for a supportive husband and family.  Please hang in there and feel free to e-mail me.  Take care - hugs your way, Sandi

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: