Thu May 6 01:03:52 2010

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 12:54 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Newbie

Hi Sarah,  You should be able to talk with your Doctor about anything. I know some subjects are embarrassing to talk about, but it's nothing your doctor probably hasn't heard. I'm sure he/she doesn't think you are a pain in the Ass either. If this is a family doctor, he/she just may not know enough with everything you are dealing with. Are you seeing a GYN? or a Gastro? My Gastro has been my total lifesaver. He is the one that told me I had adhesions back in 2003. You can always find another doctor too. Ask around friends, family, co-workers, even people on this website may live in the same area that you do and may have a wonderful doctor. My family Doctor has been an ass to me quite a few times. One time he suggested I read a book called, "They can't find out what's wrong with me". Ok thanks. He even went as far as suggesting that the migraine headaches pain I had years ago, have now transferred to my abdomen. Hmmm, that explains it! Since he said that, and I said a few things back, he has been totally different and attentive. I would still love to find a woman doctor especially at my age. I am almost 52, oh my. I do know and understand how chronic pain goes. I live on pain meds, spend most of my time curled into a ball with the heating pad, cry a lot. I had a procedure in Jan. and am still having a hard time. I will say that I never knew that when the pain was so bad, that you could be set up with I.V. Therapy.

I had Saline, a nausea med. and Morphine, or Dilaudid. The Dilaudid is a mellower pain med. The times that I have been given it, have just been a lifesaver! Adhesions can start forming within 72 hours of a surgery. So after 2 weeks, it could be adhesions. I am hoping that you have seen your Surgeon since your procedure? Have any X-rays been done? I know that adhesions don't show up on X-rays, the reason I ask, is to eliminate other possibilities first. Did your Surgeon use any type of an adhesion barrier? Are you taking pain meds? Having this website is a blessing, a BIG one. When I have been really bad, others have emailed me back with support, and kindness, even some suggestions. It's just so nice to know you are not alone. Hang in there! Do ask questions and a lot of them, this is your body. I hope I have helped. Take Care, Cheryl D. > Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 20:41:51 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: Newbie
>
> Sender: sarah_haskell161@hotmail.com (Sarah-ems)
> Subject: Newbie
>
> Hiya,
>
> i am quite relieved i have finally found a website like this before i go
> completley mad!!!!
> I had surgery 2 wks ago to remove some adhesions which had got my bowl,
> ovaries and fallopian tubes stuck together.
> I have had previous surgery, my appendix and 1 fallopian tube out, so im
> guessing this is how it all starts.
> The prob is, even tho ive had surgery im still in chronic pain.
> As youve prob all heard, my dr seems to be clueless and i feel im going
> round in circles.
> Would nice just to speak to people who have been thro the same etc.
> Im too embaressed to speak to my dr and bring up ARD as ive got to the
> point that i think he thinks im a pain in the ass!!
>
> Sarah-em
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: