Re: ADHESIONS digest 1201

Sat Dec 5 19:14:34 2009

I do not know how to send a message, going to try this. I have had 6 Abdominal Surgeries for adhesions & right at this time I am in pain, swollen like a 7mth. pregnant woman & bowels not working & have a nerve pinched from adhesions causing a pain from my abdomen down my leg to my knee. My surgeon was Dr. Malafa in Illinois & I was told moved to Florida has anyone heard of him or have a phone number, city, name of hospital where I can contact him. If NOT I am hearing a lot about a Dr. Redan, I need help & could someone give me Dr. Redan's location, a phone number to talk to him, email anything to locate him. Thank You so very much. You can send the information to _JoD3099@aol.com_ (mailto:JoD3099@aol.com) & I would be glad to be friends & talk with anyone with adhesions problems, I also have Fibromyalgia & am a Breast Cancer Survivor.

In a message dated 12/5/2009 7:58:57 P.M. Central Standard Time, tracy.joslin@adhesions.org writes:

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 10:13 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1201

Hi Kris! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I actually called the hospital, they emailed me the paperwork to fill out. my cousin also emailed Dr redan directly and he responded within minutes! He will be reviewing my records and hopefully I will be on my way shortly to see him for surgery. Try him again. Maybe your message didn't get through? I have tried some pain clinics..but without any success. Good luck to you too. I will post again when I hear back from dr redan. And also after surgery, if I have it. Thanks again! Jenny

-----Original Message----- From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:53:06 To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Subject: ADHESIONS digest 1201

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kristine Lovaas Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 7:36 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: ADHESIONS digest 1201

Hi Jenny! Sorry you're going through this again.I hope you have better luck than I did with getting a response from Dr. Redan's coordinator. I emailed twice and called 3 times last year, but never got a reply. I had surgery in March in MN adn then again in May for adhesions removal. I felt better for a few weeks after each one. The pain is constant ever since. I'm in pain management. I don't want another surgery. If you can't get to Dr. Redan or another surgeon to help, have you considered a pain management clinic? This is a horrible condition to live with, I know! Hang in there and let us know what you find out.

Kris

________________________________________ From: Adhesions Society <adhesions@adhesions.org>

--
Sent: Mon, November 30,  2009 10:55:56 PM
Subject: ADHESIONS digest 1201

ADHESIONS Digest 1201

Topics covered in this issue include:

1) looking into surgery with Dr. Redan,in Florida...looking for anyone else who had surgery with him??!! by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> 2) Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Dr. by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> 3) Colon not working now, more adhesions - surgery scheduled with Dr. by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> 4) phenol injection by "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:37:50 -0600 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "IAS Admin \(Tracy\)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> ---------------------------------------------------------------------- To: <adhesions@adhesions.org> Subject: looking into surgery with Dr. Redan,in Florida...looking for anyone else who had surgery with him??!! Message-ID: <002b01ca7176$dfc3c830$6401a8c0@Tracy> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit From: kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com (Jenny) Subject: lokking into surgery with Dr. Redan,in Florida...looking for anyone else who had surgery with him??!!

Hi gang, So I have posted a few times over the past 3 or 4 years. I had surgery last year for hernia repair and lysis of adhesions. I was out of pain for over 8 months! What joy. Then all heck broke loose on Halloween of this year, pain is back. Since then I have been hospitalized twice. Once for 8 days then home about 1 week, then hospitalized for 11 days...I was release yesterday, on Thanksgiving. The doctors at the last hospital, did not believe that pain was caused by adhesions, and would NOT give me any pain meds to go home on...except the one pain patch that was placed on me yesterday due to expire tomorrow. I called my regular Dr. and he did give me a prescription for 5 fentanyl pain patches and some oral dilaudid. The patches only work for 3 days and and the dilaudid pills will not work by themselves. The pain, as I know you all are aware, is just horrific. The pain goes across my pelvis and lower abdomen - with pressure on the right side, almost as if there is a balloon ready to pop there and then all the pain radiates through my stomach towards my tailbone. If I sit up for too long it feels like my pelvis has cement that has hardened in it and I can't move. I am at a loss for who to see....So I am thinking about going to Florida to see Dr. Redan. I live in Illinois. What I am wondering is if any of you have gone to see him?? What did you think about him, the hospital, the staff? How did you do after surgery?? Was it in patient or out patient? Does the hospital accept insurances? I do have a call into the coordinator and an email, but I wanted to get the opinion of any one who has gone there... Thanks so much. I know I only have about 15 days of pain meds before I am in trouble, so I am going to have to act quickly!!! Love to all!!!! In horrible pain, but hopefull, Jenny kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com

[admin note: under our Sponsor links on each page of our website you can see the logo for Celebration Hospital to get more information about Dr. Redan. Please also search our recent message archives for helpful information.]

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm p.s. for the web forum version see http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: