Re: Happy to find site

Sat Nov 14 15:04:56 2009

Since you're a nurse, would you recommend laparscopic adhesiolysis using the

new "spraygel" adhesion barrier? I've read that after one week, the German

doctor who uses "spraygel," rechecks laparscopically to make sure the adhesions haven't returned. If you know...Does Dr. Gerhart or any other doctors in the U.S., go back in to look to see if the adhesions reformed?

How long does it take for one to know that adhesions won't return? I thought scar tissue formed immediately after surgery. Does scar tissue continue to grow like vines?

If the barrier keeps them from forming, then adhesions shouldn't return, right? I'm seriously considering going through another surgery with one of the doctors who use the barrier. In the past, I was operated on by Drs. Gerhart, Redan and Reich but it was before the barrier was used.

Any information you can provide to us I'm sure would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

--
Linda, Jax, FL

Thanks for the information.

>----- Original Message ----- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:58 AM Subject: Happy to find site

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf > Of > Marlene Wheeler > Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 11:28 PM > To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org > Subject: RE: Happy to find site > > Yes Dr Gerhart does use barrier. He's up on the most current barriers > available here in US, and I'm sure else where.. The best thing to do is to > just contact him through his web site, and talk to him about things. I had > adhesions pretty bad before I went to him.. I don't trust anyone else to > touch me.. I'm doing quite a bit better than I was before I went to > him...(It been 3plus years.) Yes I'm very aware that scare tissue can come > back, especially if your proned to it but I also know what the adhesions > can

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: