Finally had to have surgery

Wed Nov 11 19:24:30 2009

After many years of having bowel obstructions and pain I have given in and had surgery for my adhesions. This was not an operation I took lightly , but the final straw came about 2 weeks ago when I had a really nasty and painful obstruction.I had been having obstructions at 2 week intervals . It cleared with Gastrographin. I dont know if any of you have heard of it but it is used in New Zealand hospitals as the first hospital treatment to clear obstructions. It is a contrast dye so when an xray is taken it shows the small bowel clearly and can show very clearly any obstruction and it also clears the bowel. I had the surgery a few days later . I have had a full cut down my stomach and had 30staples. The surgeon said that 10per cent of my small bowel was adhered to the pelvic wall and there were loops also. I am hoping that this op will keep things at bay for a while. I know that this is not a cure but even if I get some relief I will be happy. Right now I am in quite a bit of pain and feeling sorry for myself and I hope this will soon pass, I wonder wheather it will. I am on Tramadol and it makes me want to sleep all the time and I hate that.

I really appreciate this site as we all understand what it is like to suffer with adhesions. Thanks for reading Christine

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: