Severe Adhesions in abdomen and Organs have moved from original place

Mon Oct 19 19:45:09 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of BBLDEB@aol.com Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:55 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Severe Adhesions in abdomen and Organs have moved from original place

Linda,     First off, let me say my prayers are with your sister.  I know the pain and the anguish that she is going thru.  I too, have had to deal with the same ordeal.  You did not stipulate which organ was causing the serious nature that would stop her from having surgery.  However,  depending on which one(s) it is, there may still be a chance.  I never try to give false hopes, so bare with me as I explain.     It is possible that the doctors are "Afraid" to operate because of the serious nature of the adhesions, hence forth, the "Inability" to perform the surgery because it can be "Life Threatening".  When I say this, it means, the doctors are scared to do the surgery because there is a HIGH chance they may cut into the bowels and cause the bowels to leak very dangerous fluids which can shut the body down and even kill the patient, if not treated properly and in a timely manner.  Figuring that this may be the case, allow me to say, there is still a chance she can still have the surgery, but it will be very hard to find a surgeon that is willing to take the risks and perform the surgery.  Very few are willing to go thru that extensive risk taking.     The reason I say all this, is because I am going thru it myself.  I have had many doctors tell me that I will literally have to be on my "Death Bed" before they will try to perform it and I will have to have a total and complete bowel blockage and be unconscious.  My entire abdomen is the same as your sister's.  So my heart goes out to her.  Tell her that she is not alone in this fight.  Be very supportive and just keep searching for a doctor.  When you call the offices of doctors, have them to ask the doctor if he is willing to perform this extensive surgery, and do not go to them unless they can answer.  Otherwise, it is a waste of time and money.  I have found out the hard way.  So now, I ask before I will even make an appointment.  Also, you can ask if the doctor has an email address where you can write a short version of the problems with medical, allergy, medication history.  This will sometimes help a doctor know whether or not he/she will be willing to take the risks involved.         I hope this helps some.  If you learn or find out anything, I would greatly appreciate an email from you.  Feel free to write me anytime.  Take care and God bless you all.   Sincerely, Debbie B   In a message dated 10/18/2009 7:51:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tracy.joslin@adhesions.org writes: Sender: lgflorida@gmail.com (Linda) Subject: Severe Adhesions in abdomen and Organs have moved from original place

Hi! My sister had some abdomen surgerys more than 20 years ago, she is 40 years old.  Recently she has been having severe abdomen pain.  She went to her doctor for a evaluation.  Upon a ultrasound of the abdomen and some other test, the doctor told my sister that she has adhesions in her abdomen, and that all her abdomen organs have moved from its original position.  The doctor also mentioned that she could never have abdomen surgery, because of the severity and movement of organs, it can be fatal.  She went to another doctor for a second opinion and he highly agreed with the first doctor.  She went to a third doctor and he admited her in the hospital for a week. 

Some series of test were performed and it confirmed the same.  Because of all the organs shifting and the severity of scar tissue she is not operable.  The doctor mentioned that one of the bypasses in her abdomen is full of stones and she has a mass on her pancrea.  The only way to find out what the mass is, is doing an exploratory under surgery.  But he mentioned that she cannot have surgery.  Do you know a doctor, hospital that have experience in this type of conditions. 

Its a very serious condition and we are stuck without knowing what to do.  I truly would like to help her.  Thanks  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: