New here, long rant

Mon Oct 12 19:55:36 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Marlene Wheeler Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:28 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: New here, long rant

Kim, I know how frustrated you must be. ARD is very real and can be very painful.. Did you ever get any of the adhesions taken care of at all, since you are pregnant?  Endometriosis, is one thing that can be a cause of adhesions.  If you can make it through you pregnancy it would be best before you have anything done about the adhesions, but if not I would get to someone who knows about and deals with these things on a regular basis. How far along are you in the pregnancy. There are several Doctors out there that deal specifically with adhesions. Where are you at? Don't be afraid to email me or any of us out there on this site that have been through this.  Right now it sounds like you need to do the best you can to get through this pregnancy and then get to an Adhesion Doctor. My doctor is in Pa, and I will not let anyone else touch me if I suspect I have adhesion problems again. His name is Clarkgerhart(clarkgerhart.com) There are also others around that are good.  Also I was thinking that possibly after the pregnancy things will settle down. From my experience it was the other way around. Do you have a good Gyn Doc? 

I can't believe you ended up in a Psych ward.. So many of us get told that it's all in our minds, when it is Definately not.

Don't let them do that to you again!! Hopefully in the meanwhile you can find someone like a good pain doc that know's how do deal with patients that are pregnant and get you through this.. I'm sure you know this, but don't take the over the counter drugs in doses that high, it's dangerous... Talk to us and find, as I said a good Gyn, and or Pain Doc that will listen to you.

Good Luck and I will be Praying for you. Marlene wheelerski@msn.com Take Care!!!

> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 22:53:21 -0500
> From: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net
> Subject: New here, long rant
>
> Sender: kimberlyecanonico@hotmail.com (Kimberly)
> Subject: New here, long rant
>
> I had a laparoscopy for "endometriosis" in August 2008. I woke up from
> the surgery in excruciating pain and with constant gas. Weeks went by
> and the constant gas did not stop. You could hear it in my belly like a
> fish tank. The gas actually liquified. Its the worst pain I could ever
> have imagined. When I went back to the doctor he told me that I would
> never be satisfied and that he fixed me. I ended up having adhysolysis
> in January 2009 but the gas pain persisted and moving my bowels began
> becoming even more difficult. I have been hospitalized for pain atleast
> 15 times since the first surgery which I developed c-diff from.
>
> I am 33 years old with a 3 year old daughter and a husband. The pain has
> been so debilitating that I have needed help with my daughter and now my
> whole family lives with my mom and dad so we can be together even though
> my husband works. We are paying a mortgage on a house we never live in
> because I can't raise my daughter alone in pain while my husband works.
> Recently, we went to a doctor to bring on my period since I never got it
> after the first surgery in 2008.
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: