Re: tramadol?

Tue Sep 1 20:20:58 2009

Hi Cheryl, Sorry, I just read your message. The doctor will know what bloodwork to do to check your liver. We have to take something every day to

keep our bowels moving. All medication seems to cause constipation. I drink prune juice at night before going to bed. I mix half warm water with half prune juice. I also buy natural, seedless prunes and eat them for fiber. I have a Champion 2000 juicer and I like to juice vegetables and fruits. It gives me energy. A lot of foods such as beef/pork doesn't agree with me. It's so important to drink lots of fluids, including 6-8 glasses of water a day.

Doctors recommend Ducolax which has Bisacodyl 5 mgs. and expensive. I found

Fleet, a Stimulant Laxative with Bisacodyl 5 mg., 25 for $3.25. Neurontin helps nerve pain but it sure makes me drowsy. If you can lie down, it's okay to take it. I'm not getting any relief with Tramadol 200 mgs. I'm like you so tired of taking medication but unless I get some relief sometimes, I think I would lose my mind. Lying down with ice/heat helps but

one has to be careful not to burn themself. Also, you can't use ointments when using a heating pain because it can kill you.

I hope your bloodwork is okay. It probably is fine. It takes a lot to damage one's liver. Take care and God Bless.

--
Linda

>----- Original Message ----- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 5:58 AM Subject: FW: tramadol?

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf > Of > HERB F DIXON > Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:42 PM > To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org > Subject: Re: tramadol? > > Hi Linda, I have just about the past 3 months have dull ache, sharp pains, > and radiating pain on my right side. I figured it has something to do with > having my gallbladder removed back in 2007, and that it is probably > adhesions. I never considered it to be my liver. I did at one time wonder > if > it could be my pancreas? I see my GP tomorrow, I wonder should I ask for a > blood test to check out my liver? I take (percocet) generic is oxycodone > 5-325 mg. I take 2 tabs every 4 hours. At times when I am writhing in pain > laying on my bed pulling my hair out I will increase it by 1/2 a tab. I > also > take 20 mg. of Methadone every AM and PM. I was on Morphine but would quit > breathing at night, so I went off of it. I was so fortunate when I went > off > of it really didn't deal with any withdrawals. Started taking 1 at noon > every day and after about 1 week I just forgot. The one thing with > narcotics > is that they can cause constipation. When you decide to go off of them, > you > will go through withdrawals. For nausea I take Promethazine 25 mg tabs. I > only take it when I am going to loose it, and I can only take 1/4 of a > tablet. They konk me out for about 1 hour, and I feel groggy from them all > day. To lessen the nausea is heaven! Now my Gastroparesis is back, so I am > back on Reglan for digestion, and take them 1/2 hour before meals. I hate > all of these meds and feel like a walking pharmacy! If you can get a > message > to me by tomorrow (FRI) I want to know what type of blood test was done on > your liver. GTG, am totally ripping and tearing right now. sorry. take > care. > Cheryl

>> ----- Original Message ----- > From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:47 AM > Subject: tramadol? > > Sender: "linda" <lindahalford@comcast.net> > Subject: Re: tramadol? > > My pain doctor said 200 mgs of Tramadol taken in the morning helps the > Lorcet 10/650 mg work better; however, I haven't found that it makes any > difference. I've noticed the white Lorcet 10/650 mgs vs. the blue tablet > Lorcet 10/650 mgs isn't as effective for treating pain. The manufacturer > of > > the white tablet must not put the same amount of stuff in it. Also, my > sister said the name brand Lorcet 10/650 mgs is stronger than the generic. > She said the generic doesn't help her pain. > > I've herniated 3 times and feel like my entire abdomen is one big charley > horse. Also, my liver really hurts. The doctor ordered blood work to check > > my liver and it came back okay. Has anyone got problems with their liver > hurting? > > I'd like to hear from others about what pain meds work best in controlling > your pain. Please include mgs. and dosage information. If a combination is > > used and it's helping perhaps others may suggest their doctors prescribe > them to help with their pain. Thanks. > > Linda in Jax, FL

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: