Re: OK, Why am I such a whimp?

Sat Aug 29 13:57:07 2009

God bless you...I'm sure all of us who suffer with pain empathize with you.

--
Linda

>----- Original Message ----- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:38 AM Subject: OK, Why am I such a whimp?

> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf > Of > HERB F DIXON > Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:59 AM > To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org > Subject: RE: OK, Why am I such a whimp? > > Kristie, You are not a WIMP! Everyone delas with pain differently. FYI, I > take 8 percocet daily, and 40 mg. of methadone. I was on morpheine but I > hated the way I felt on it, plus I would quit breathing when I was > sleeping > keeping my Husband up at night afraid that I would die. My pain is God > awful. There are days when I abuse my meds and take 1-2 extra pills. Thats > when I am writhing in pain pulling my hair out and sobbing Oh God make > this > STOP! I also hate what this illness has done to me and turned me into. I > never feel high either, my system is accostomed to my meds. I would give > anything to take meds that actually take the pain away, the pain just gets > dulled a bit. I am able to drive also, but I know that I shouldn't because > of being on a controlled substance. Plus Law Enforcement can tell by your > eyes if you are on narcotics. There are more of us out here taking meds > than > you think. I don't feel that I am a wimp. It is the only way I can deal. > After having 4 children, you DO know what pain is, especially 2 > C-Sections. > I never had kids naturally. My oldest was 10 lbs. 1 oz. and 22 1/2 in. > long. > He wasn't coming out. My pelvis never spread for him to come out. My > youngest was breach 2 weeks before due date, so that time I scheduled my > C-section to deliver him. I didn't want to get beat to death trying to > deliver naturally again, then have a C-section. You have 4 kids, and you > are > dealing with raising them, running them everywhere, running a home, a job? > and your horrible pain on top of it all. I think you are pretty > remarkable! > Hey give yourself a break, and a pat on the back, your plate is full, and > runneth over!! Talk with your Doctor and tell him how you are dealing, Not > dealing with your pain. He may add something else to take with your > percocet, or increase your dose to 2 more pills a day. Some people use > pain > patches. I am going to OHSU next month for a consultation with 2 doc's to > see if the Celious Plexis Nerve Block may help me out, or not? My Gastro > said that it helps some people more than others. I can't do anything until > Dec. that is when I will FINALLY have health care. Kristie, take care of > yourself, and give yourself a break. I deal with depression with > Adhesions, > and want my life back sooooo bad. I also take antidepressants. I would > give > anything to just FLUSH all of my meds! I just feel so old for my age. I > just > turned 51. Good luck! Cheryl

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: