FW: tramadol?

Fri Aug 28 20:25:20 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of HERB F DIXON Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:42 PM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: tramadol?

Hi Linda, I have just about the past 3 months have dull ache, sharp pains, and radiating pain on my right side. I figured it has something to do with having my gallbladder removed back in 2007, and that it is probably adhesions. I never considered it to be my liver. I did at one time wonder if it could be my pancreas? I see my GP tomorrow, I wonder should I ask for a blood test to check out my liver? I take (percocet) generic is oxycodone 5-325 mg. I take 2 tabs every 4 hours. At times when I am writhing in pain laying on my bed pulling my hair out I will increase it by 1/2 a tab. I also take 20 mg. of Methadone every AM and PM. I was on Morphine but would quit breathing at night, so I went off of it. I was so fortunate when I went off of it really didn't deal with any withdrawals. Started taking 1 at noon every day and after about 1 week I just forgot. The one thing with narcotics is that they can cause constipation. When you decide to go off of them, you will go through withdrawals. For nausea I take Promethazine 25 mg tabs. I only take it when I am going to loose it, and I can only take 1/4 of a tablet. They konk me out for about 1 hour, and I feel groggy from them all day. To lessen the nausea is heaven! Now my Gastroparesis is back, so I am back on Reglan for digestion, and take them 1/2 hour before meals. I hate all of these meds and feel like a walking pharmacy! If you can get a message to me by tomorrow (FRI) I want to know what type of blood test was done on your liver. GTG, am totally ripping and tearing right now. sorry. take care. Cheryl

>----- Original Message -----
From: IAS Admin (Tracy) To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:47 AM Subject: tramadol? From: "linda" <lindahalford@comcast.net> Subject: Re: tramadol?

My pain doctor said 200 mgs of Tramadol taken in the morning helps the Lorcet 10/650 mg work better; however, I haven't found that it makes any difference.  I've noticed the white Lorcet 10/650 mgs vs. the blue tablet Lorcet 10/650 mgs isn't as effective for treating pain.  The manufacturer of

the white tablet must not put the same amount of stuff in it.  Also, my sister said the name brand Lorcet 10/650 mgs is stronger than the generic. She said the generic doesn't help her pain.

I've herniated 3 times and feel like my entire abdomen is one big charley horse.  Also, my liver really hurts.  The doctor ordered blood work to check

my liver and it came back okay.  Has anyone got problems with their liver hurting?

I'd like to hear from others about what pain meds work best in controlling your pain.  Please include mgs. and dosage information.  If a combination is

used and it's helping perhaps others may suggest their doctors prescribe them to help with their pain.  Thanks.

--
Linda in Jax, FL

>----- Original Message ----- From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:34 AM Subject: tramadol?

> Sender: kkajark@aol.com (Kim) > Subject: Re: tramadol? > > I have been taking it with neurontin and 600mg ibuprofen 3 times a day > for a month with no relief.  Does it take a while to work? > > At Sat, 22 Aug 2009, linda wrote: >> >>What dosage of Tramadol do you find helps you? >>

>>>>----- Original Message ----- >>From: "IAS Admin (Tracy)" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> >>To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> >>Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:43 AM >>Subject: tramadol? >> >>> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf >>> Of >>> Thorinaadams@aol.com >>> Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 1:53 PM >>> To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org >>> Subject: Re: tramadol? >>> >>> Hey, >>> Tramadol is an anti-inflammatory. Kind of like a "souped-up ibuprofen". > It >>> works great. But if you are prone to ulcers..be careful. It will bother >>> them. Hope this helps >>> >>> Christina

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: