Re: Adhesion Barriers

Wed Aug 12 18:53:46 2009

1. I don't know details but from what I have heard/read, Sprayshield is the new and improved form of Spraygel. It is currently in clinical trials in the US.

2. Dr. Jay Redan and Dr. Steven McCarus (gyn) are running clinical trials for Sprayshield. He has a meticulous surgical technique and uses warm, humidified CO2 for his surgeries....but for more information and professional information I would suggest contacting his team by filling out the self referral form on http://www.adhesionscenter.com Make sure you fill the whole thing out otherwise it won't go through....and someone will contact you.

3. This I am not sure about, but I believe Seprafilm isn't fda approved to be used laparoscopically, but I'm not sure so don't quote me on that. I know Dr. Redan knows, so you could always ask his staff.

I am one of the lucky ones to be rid of adhesions thanks to Dr. Redan, which is why I advocate for his CAPPS program. COMPREHENSIVE adhesion care is key, in my opinion. Remember, contacting CAPPS in no way obligates you to see the doctors there. They really are out for the well being of people suffering from adhesions....not to perform repeated surgeries unnecessarily. I respect everyone's opinion, I know not all who go to Dr. Redan find success....I just think he gives you a good chance at some relief. Again, best of luck to all of you....I really pray you all find relief somewhere. :o) Sarah

At Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Emerson wrote: >
>Questions about Adhesion Products and effectiveness:
>
>(1) Can somebody please comment on SprayShield? I see the manufacturer
>is Covidien and it has been introduced to certain markets but not in the
>United States. My question would be why? This could be the same
>situation as Spray Gel. I really don't know the difference.
>
>(2) At one time I heard Dr. Jay Redan had something to do with the
>above products. I don't know if this is the case or not. I am not sure
>what technique Dr. Redan uses to eliminate adhesions.
>
>(3) Another product is Seprafilm. Apparently, the problem is that it is
>hard to work with and cannot be made into a mesh. Can someone please
>comment.
>
>(4) Can someone comment on SurgiWrap by Mast BioSystems?
>
>(5) There seems to be less people on this board lately. I wonder if
>adhesions are becoming less a problem and surgeons are dealing with them
>more effectively.
>
>thank you
>
>[ADMIN Note: please note the replies that may be provided for this message
>are by our readers and may not reflect the views of the IAS. This
>information should not take the place of instruction or information
provided >by your licensed medical professional]

Enter keywords: