Re: Test turned out OK???

Wed Apr 15 20:04:27 2009

Hello Juli, Don't believe the doctors in this case as I had the same tests and result last year but continued towards death with no ability to keep food down without violent vomiting, lack of appetite and severe pain. When I finally went to Germany as a last ditch effort, the surgery showed tight and dense loops of adhesions wrapped around my bowels and just about everywhere else. I think the tests we have available cannot find this problem. My doctor went with the result of those tests and sent me home without help...I don't know how long I would have made it.

Regards, Donna

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of IAS Admin (Tracy) Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:57 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Test turned out OK???

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Juli Ochs Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:42 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Test turned out OK???

Not sure what now.  I had an upper GI with small bowel follow-through.  The Dr said everything was fine, no evidence of narrowing or problems with my small bowel. 

Honestly, this supports the fact the adhesions are located between my uterus and abdominal wall.  I am very glad the pain I am suffering is just that, pain, and not actually narrowing or obvious obstructions in the bowel. Since we know adhesions are located on the uterus, we now know that is the problem.

The surgery I had to lysis them on NY's eve has only served to backfire on me a few months later as I am in pain again.

The Dr asked me if I was attached to my uterus....I said yes, I had had it a long time and really wasn't ready to part with it.  I fear that if I am prone to adhesions, and they take out the uterus, then it will be stuck to the small bowel causing ACTUAL obstructions. This doesn't sound like a good plan either.   Anyone else been down this road? Thanks, Juli in MN  

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: