Adhesion wrapped around small intestines

Tue Mar 31 17:12:47 2009

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Susan Kuszczak Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:23 AM To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org Subject: Re: Adhesion wrapped around small intestines

I was hospitalized in January of 2007. I had an NG tube for 15 days to pump my stomach. I was on an NPO for the entire time (no food, no water)...I was being fed intravenously. The doctors I had were looking for anything and everything but adhesions. Even with my long history of surgeries, they were not convinced that adhesions had returned so severely so quickly (I had a lap in August 2006). Anyhow, I was eventually released (after aspirating and spending time in ICU due to the NG tube) with a special diet and follow-up tests. I returned to an old physician I had previously who immediately performed the lap and an was surprised at how extensive the adhesions were. My bowels were completely encased, looped and had adhered to the back of my abdomen. Bladder, appendix, etc. were all stuck where they didn't belong, etc...you know the story.

Prior to the NG tube I had been vomitting at least 6X daily and constant nauseau due to the adhesions wrapped around my intestines. I don't know if my experience helps, but yes, adhesions can definitely wrap around intestines and cause severe pain, vomitting, etc.

Good luck!

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> wrote:

From: IAS Admin (Tracy) <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org> Subject: Adhesion wrapped around small intestines To: "Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS" <adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Date: Monday, March 30, 2009, 3:55 PM

-----Original Message-----

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of

PJ

Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 12:02 PM

To: adhesions-request@adhesions.org

Subject: Re: Adhesion wrapped around small intestines

Sender: p_johnathan@yahoo.com (PJ)

Subject: Re: Adhesion wrapped around small intestines

Can anyone tell me if you've experienced adhesions wrapped around your

small intestines that has caused hospitalization and your stomach being

pumped ?

Episode happened in November 2008 now again in March 28, 2009. This is

happening to my son. They say is was caused when they took his appendix

out when he was 12 yrs old. He is now 37. It was very painful.

PJ

At Sat, 5 Feb 2005, International Adhesions Society wrote:

>

>>From Boston's Children's Hospital:

>

>Feb 4th 2005: The recent finding that Celebrex may help to reduce

>adhesions after surgery is a significant finding for several reasons.

>Although the study reported by Dr. Mark Puder and his colleagues at

>Children's Hospital in Boston was performed in mice there are several

>reasons for hope.

>

>To read more - http://www.adhesions.org/whatsnew.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: