Re: Bit worried - anyone help

Tue Mar 10 08:51:31 2009

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

Yes! For me healing is like a waltz - one -two-THREE! The third day, third week, third month are very painful. Remember that the adhesion is living tissue that has been wounded during surgery and is healing just like the rest of tissues. The pain will come and go as the wounded tissue heals and the nerves heal - nerves will send sparks of "information" (pain) while they heal up and grow back. Yes, nerves do heal. Yes, adhesion is living tissue with blood supply and nerves. It has been proven, just not widely accepted in the medical community.

Breathe - stretch - eat well - sleep as best you can - exercise and rest in balance.

It is my opinion that you are experiencing both recovery pain and adhesion pain. I have been through this and have been advised by my beloved surgeon to ride it out and not worry. The pain did subside and it was a full two years before that pesky adhesion of mine had to be cut back again.

Thinking of you,

Donna B

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of annmarie bluett Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 5:30 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Bit worried - anyone help

Just worried - Like most of you know I had a laporotomy for adhesion take down 4 weeks ago - I know it was only partially sucessful - they unstuck my bowel which was obstructing but had to pull out because of risk of organ damage. Well - recovery has been hard as I had a mid line incision but last week the pain started to ease off some - now - though - it is back and really bad. I had a wound check on Friday and everything was fine but now pain is awful - back to not sleeping after having a few comfortable nights. I am worried that it is adhesion's back and not just recovery pain - has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

AnnMarie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: