Re: The way to go!!!

Sat Mar 7 13:24:36 2009

Donna, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. It sounds as if it was just terrible. I can identify with you after slipping and sliding and jamming myself up at the grocery store, and smacking my abdomen on a bakery rack. When I wrote to Dr. K about it, he said that the impact can cause internal bleeding which in turn causes adhesions. I messed my knee up pretty bad too, and was on crutches for about 4 months, went through injections in my knee, and finally had a brace made. I feel that being on crutches didn't help much either. Then having my gallbladder removed, and tripping and falling again landing flat on the front of my body, and my jaw. Skinned knees, jaw is such a mess I wear a mouthpiece, I have broken blood vessels on my chest that have never gone away, and then landing outstretched on the ground on my stomach yet again did not help. You said things that are the same for me, my family, the devastation, and just letting everyone down. Almost always having to cancel going to parties, family get togethers, ruining plans sometimes I just hate myself. Last night I just cried when we got in bed. I told my husband I don't want to do this ANYMORE! The pain is so constant, meds don't seem to help at all. I just want to scream! The adhesions have come back with a vengence, and they are winning. I have always been the Mom to do everything for the family. I can't do it all anymore, but yet, they still think I can, and don't realize what I am going through. I also push myself and then end up worse off. Can your doctor give you any samples of Celebrex? Have you called around to different pharmacy's to price it? For example, Gabapentin, Lyrica runs anywhere from $80.00-$113.00. At Costco I get it for my son for $11.00. I can't believe the difference in price. GTG Pain is awful, and so is my depression. I HATE MY GUTS!! Cheryl D. From: Donna Johansen<mailto:donnajohansen@telus.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS<mailto:adhesions@mail.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 11:11 AM Subject: RE: The way to go!!!

Lou, My surgeon tells me there are surgeons in Canada who will do it but they are not capable of doing it properly and the adhesions all come back with a vengeance...which we all know has a good percentage of being fact. I personally know of one other local woman (I live in a very small town) who has surgery every 6 months to take them down. She was desperate a year ago, but I didn't know about this IAS and can't remember her name. One year ago I was completely alone in this, thinking I must be the only one having to live in absolute pain. I know others exist out there, suffering the only way they know how, in silence.

Germany was great for me but I am having a real hard time right now. Three weeks after returning I had a terrible fall. I have bad arthritis and my knees don't respond like they should. We were on our sailboat (45 footer) and I fell from the cockpit to the bottom of the outside walkway. A long fall on a big boat. I still suffer with the injuries on my arms and legs. Dr. K was concerned about this fall and I remember reading literature about falling so close to surgery...that adhesion growth could start again with the injury. Interesting thing is that I have been on large doses of Celebrex for the arthritis and my adhesion problems seemed to be relatively minor last fall to recently. I have continued to have painful and irritable bowel problems that are now worse. Over a month ago I couldn't afford the Celebrex and so have suffered with arthritis and NOW for the last three weeks I AM SUFFERING WITH ADHESION PAIN AGAIN that keeps me awake or wakes me before normal people should be awake! I am desperate to try to reverse it and have doubled up on the Celebrex thinking that is perhaps the reason for this reversal. I can't tell you how devastated I am if this doesn't clear up....my family have all sacrificed so much....I don't think I can tell them so I suffer in silence.

Donna

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Lou Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:14 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: The way to go!!!

At Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Donna Johansen wrote: >
>Canada is the worst...Europe is probably the most aware and has
help >too. I am not a hateful person but I hate my former surgeon who
>absolutely turned his back on me. Our medical system is mostly
great >but this is something else!
>Donna
>HI DONNA FROM LOU MAR 7TH 11.48am

I FEEL THIER MUST BE A GOOD ADHESION LAP SCOPE SURGEON IN CANADA SOMEWHERE, BUT TRYING TO FIND ONE ITS JUST IMPOSSIBLE, YOU SAID YOU WENT TO GERMANY AND ARE FEELING BETTER. THE THING I FIND STRANGE ARE WE THE ONLY TWO IN CANADA WITH THIS PROBLEM,NEVER HEAR ON THE IAS OF MANY OTHERS WRITNG IN ,IF THAY DID MIGHT FIND OUT MORE ANSWERS. I ENVY THE GIRLS IN THE US, SO MANY GOOD DRS THAT DO ADHESION SURGERY LOU

>-----Original Message-----
>From: adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On

>Behalf Of Lou
>Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 1:32 PM
>To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
>Subject: The way to go!!!
>
>HI, THIS IS THE WAY TO GO, IT HAS TO CAME FROM YOU GUYS WHO ARE
>SUFFERING FROM THIS AWFUL PROBLEM + THE ONES THAT HAVE BEEN
CURED, >THEIR ARE SOME FINE STORY'S TO BE TOLD ( WHAT ABOUT THE IBS
QUIT),IF >THIS IS NOT TOLD, WHO WILL KNOW WHAT SUFFERING THEIR IS FROM FROM
ABD >ADHESIONS.
>THE SQUEKEY WHEEL, AND ALL THAT MOST TIMES IT WORKS, BUT IF WE
REMAIN >SILENT, NOTHING WILL BE DONE, DIVIDED WE FALL UNITED WE RAISE.
>LOOK AT TERRY FOX AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE DID AND TODAY ITS STILL
GOING >ON, TO ALL DRS AND SURGEONS OUT THERE HOW DO NOT KNOW, ADHESIONS
DO >CAUSE PAIN, PAIN AND MORE PAIN + ALL THE STUFF THAT GOES WITH IT,
THE >UPSET GUT THAT NEVER GOES AWAY, THE FOODS WE LOVED TO EAT AND NOW
CAN >NOT.
>ONE DAY YOUR LIFE IS GREAT - THE NEXT YOU CAN BE IN LIVING HELL,
THIS >CAN HAPPEN TO ANY ONE, YOUNG OR OLD AT ANY TIME, LET HOPE AND
PRAY A >CURE CAN BE FOUND SOON AND ADHESION WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST,
I ENVY >YOU GUYS IN THE USA, YOU DO HAVE ALOT OF GOOD SURGEONS THAT DO
>LAP-SCOPE SURGRERY FOR THE REMOVEL OF ADHESIONS, I LIVV IN
CANADA, NOT >ONE CAN BE FOUND I HAVE TRYED THE WEB, HOSPITALS +++ALL I FIND IS
A >BRICK WALL, GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO TRY TO GET ADHESIONS INTO THE
OPEN. >LOU.

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm> http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm<http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm>

To remove yourself from the adhesions@adhesions.org<mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org> mailing list please go to the unsubscribe form at http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm<http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm> ms/message.htm>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: