Re: An Awareness Pin has been made for ARD and a Book Written

Fri Mar 6 14:14:58 2009

Dr. Semertizides charges $200 for a telephonic consult. If I traveled to Cincinnati, Ohio from Jacksonville, FL, it would cost far more than this. I don't like the 50 to 55 percent success rate offered. I'm looking for a surgeon that gives me more like 90 to 95 percent success rate. I've been through two laparoscopic adhesiolysis with the doctor giving me high hopes that the adhesions wouldn't return but they have. I don't know how much more surgery my body can go through only to have the massive adhesions return. There must be help somewhere for those of us who are suffering with painful adhesions.

By the way, I sent a letter to The Doctors program. If all of you would send a letter about your experience with adhesions, we may be able to get them to do a program. I'd be glad to share my letter with anyone who is interested. I explained that millions of people suffer with painful adhesions after surgery. It's true that everyone who has surgery gets adhesions. President Clinton got adhesions after his heart surgery and the doctors had to go back in to remove them. I wonder if they used the new sprayshield to keep the adhesions from returning.

Take care and God Bless.

--
Linda

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Sabrina Parks To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 3:32 PM Subject: RE: An Awareness Pin has been made for ARD and a Book Written

Someone on here said this:

"There should be a 'free' consult service available for a first doctor visit so the patient can find out if the doc is willing to lift a finger to help them before any money changes hands or any medical records are transferred. Where else do we have to pay money for less than nothing?"

I just got back from my first visit with my new gyno and he was horrible. He was instantly irritated by the fact that I was not a common and easy diagnosable patient. My symptoms established that he would be in for a challenge and I guess doctors have become to robotic and complacent for a challenge and they just ignore every word you speak.

I feel your pain and frustrations!

Sabrina

p.s

(my personal email is comeawake@hotmail.com) if anyone wants to contact me personally to talk.

> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 22:05:45 -0600 > From: louc829@gmail.com > To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > Subject: Re: An Awareness Pin has been made for ARD and a Book Written > > from lou, this must stop, we are human souls, being messed around by > them, what gets me is > having surgery you are not told about you might get adhesions I think > its our right to know, > were has the care gone is money more important, yes I think it is, > when i first got sick and i had all so many tests,I prayed that thy > would find some think and that look from your Dr would > change,I have Karen's book, each time I try too read it,i get sarced, > what she had to go though is > a bit close to home, one day I will a brave and read all of it, Lou > > On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:17 PM, HERB F DIXON <herbcheryl1@msn.com> wrote: > > Joan, I so agree with the part about a consult with a dr. before having to > > pay. I have been to so many A_holes, even being told that I had a hernia, > > that I have never had adhesions, in my head, you all knows how it goes. You > > end up mad as H--l, and then crying. I have had 2-3 female dr's that have > > just been awesome! One was horrible, she was a surgeon and a part of the > > good ol boys club! They are all so afraid to say anything. It just should > > not be! Hopefully not much longer, and we can all be healed. Cheryl D. > > > >> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 20:36:55 -0600 > >> From: jetstamp@yahoo.com > >> To: adhesions@mail.obgyn.net > >> Subject: Re: An Awareness Pin has been made for ARD and a Book Written > >> > >> At Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Cheryl wrote: > >> > > >> >In 2007 Karen Steward wrote the book " Doctors Bound By Secrecy? Victims > >> >Bound > >> >By Pain" Her daughter had such a horrible time growing up with > >> >adhesions, and the Dr's. here in the states did nothing for her.... I > >> > believe that she was also on a few Television > >> >programs promoting her book. You can go to her website to order the > >> >book, and awareness pin. http://www.KarenSteward.com and also the book > >> > can be > >> >ordered through Amazon.com. I feel every doctor that treats patients > >> >with adhesions should have to read the book. ... > >> > >> Cheryl D. > >> > >> Cheryl D., > >> > >> Yes, I agree that it would be a good book for every doctor who treats > >> adhesions to read. Also Dr. Cook's book- '100 Questions and Answers > >> About Endometriosis' as well as one written by Mary Lou Ballweg of the > >> Endometriosis Association. Endo is a big cause of adhesions but it can > >> be tricky to diagnose and treat. > >> > >> I ordered Karen Steward's book on Amazon a month or two ago-it easily > >> was a book I could have written myself except I still don't have the > >> proper diagnosis and treatment after 25 years. The nightmares with > >> worthless doctor after worthless doctor that she wrote about was sooo > >> familiar and brought back the anger I have so often felt when yet > >> another one of these worthless *****s dismisses me within the first > >> minute or two and yet I still have to pay them! > >> > >> There should be a 'free' consult service available for a first doctor > >> visit so the patient can find out if the doc is willing to lift a finger > >> to help them before any money changes hands or any medical records are > >> transferred. Where else do we have to pay money for less than nothing? > >> > >> Joan > >>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm > > >

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for = -------------------------------------------------------------------------Hotmail®. See how.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.8/1987 - Release Date: 03/06/09 07:20:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: