Re: Supplements

Sun Mar 1 15:38:44 2009

At Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Kris wrote: >

I asked him why so many nurses. He said they are more prone to getting adhesions after female/adbominal type surgeries because of the nature of their jobs, such as lifting patients, etc.From his comments about the lifting nurses do, I'm inferring that the strain of that is what causes more adhesions. I also remembered something else that he and I discussed about my surgery that I was going to post to you today. He told me that his philosophical approach in my recovery is that we are a team and will work together to determine how long I should remain in the hospital, off of work, etc. I was pretty impressed with that, too. I've never heard a doctor speak in those terms before. Kris

Gee, Kris, this sounds too good to be true!

The part about the nurses' jobs caught my attention. I know that some type of an on-the-job injury back in 1984 is what started all of this in my case, but whenever I describe it to docs, they look at me like I'm from outer space. I had never had surgery at that time, but I KNOW something happened on that fateful summer day back in 1984!

Of course by now I HAVE had a few surgeries which never addressed the true issue and maybe have only contributed to the problem.

I will be waiting to hear everything- including how you feel afterwards and if problems do return, what happens then. I know that I could tell immediately, as soon as I woke up post-op after my useless surgeries, that the true cause of my problems had not been addressed but of course the operating docs insisted I felt better!

If it sounds promising, I may just risk ending my doctor 'boycott' and go see Dr. Johnson myself, referral or not, and hope he is OK with that and is willing to initiate diagnostic measures to see what might be going on.

As I've mentioned, two physical therapists suspect adhesions and it was 'suggested' by a CT and MRI radiologist given my history- so I'm not 'officially' diagnosed with adhesions.

One more thing about supplements. I thought I had read something about Celebrex for preventing adhesions but not sure.Just thought I'd mention it in case the topic of prevention comes up- what options are available, etc. Of course,with his experience, he probably stays updated on all the latest info.

Best of Luck-

Joan

Joan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: