Re: recent surgery and ER visit

Mon Feb 16 06:43:07 2009

My journey with adhesions began with a tubal ligation in 1982. It has been my experience with adhesions that soon after surgery I have twinges of pain that become more severe over time and then the pain stops.(That is until the adhesions "mature" and become painful 24/7 and have to be cut back surgically, again) Adhesion formation can be painful as the adhesions can pull organs out of place and attach them to where they don't belong. One of my Docs told me to wait out the pain for the first 3 months and let things settle in before taking any action. You may have adhesions from the earlier C-Section - ask the surgeon that performed the tubal if any were noted and what was done about them. Jennifer K., one of the other posters on this board, suffered from hernias - have the Doc check to see if you have a "Trocar hernia" - herniation at the site of the trocar insertion. Did anyone check for an umbilical hernia? The belly button is usually an entry site for Laps. I was in agony after my tubal and was not receive a proper diagnose (of endometriosis and adhesions) for 6 years. There have been many medical advances since the 80's - keep asking questions and researching until you feel satisfied. Good Luck! Blessings, Donna

-----Original Message----- From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Susan Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 3:06 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: recent surgery and ER visit

I had laproscopic tubal liagation done on Feb 4th of this month. 5 days later I was still in a lot of pain, so I was told I probably had a bladder infection and was given antibiotics (Dr never did a urine test or a pelvic exam). After still no improvment I was told I probably had devolped an ovarian cyst and to come into his office after the weekend. Well, by Saturday night I was in too much pain so off to the ER I went. 13 hours later, much morphine and after multiple tests, they found nothing, expect bacterial vaginosis. I was speechless and dumbfounded. The ER doc mentioned adhesions, so here I am. I did have a C-section in 2000, and now this surgery. I have never heard of it before, and after doing some research and comparing sysmtoms, I think I am in the right place. My question now is "where do I go from here"? I am going to see the Dr who did the surgery tomorrow, and I guess I will also see my primary care doc as well. I am feeling bewildered and scared.

--
Susan

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/message.htm

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: