Re: Contacting Oprah

Sat Feb 14 16:05:29 2009

I agree. Unless people update their stories on the quilt or (preferably), post their stories/updates here, it's not that helpful to me.

--
Katie

At Sat, 14 Feb 2009, jetstamp wrote: >I have written to Oprah and Dr. Oz a few times myself over the past few >years about addressing this subject, never getting any type of response. >A few days ago I wrote suggesting doing a 'double-bill' show with Mary >Lou Ballweg- president of the Endometriosis Association and Karen >Steward- author of 'Doctors: Bound by Secrecy? Victims: Bound by Pain!' >which is about her young daughters' struggle with severe symptoms that >turned out to be due to adhesions. I just read this book which came out >in 2007 and could relate too well to the hostility, >resistance,indifference and lame, unfair labeling (i.e., IBS, >depression, etc) that Karen and her daughter encountered during their >14-year search for relief. Another thing I appreciated about this book >was that, although adhesions seem to be caused mainly by surgery, >surgery is not the only cause of adhesions. If I understood correctly, >they thought her daughter's issues may have began with something like >PCOS where something could have burst. I know that mine started with >some kind of injury 25 years ago from doing an intense, repetitive and >physically demanding job. I often wonder if athletes, like football or >baseball players, end up with ARDS from some of their injuries- like >ones commonly referred to as 'groin injuries' but that due to privacy >issues we don't hear all of the details of their injuries. > >I figure that both endo and adhesions have a lot in common- especially >the difficulty in obtaining proper diagnosis and effective treatments. >Also, both conditions can cause adhesions and related symptoms, and seem >to affect more women than men (although of course men do get adhesions- >a few even have gotten endo if they take estrogen for prostrate >cancer!). > >I also have noticed, as I navigate this site, that many of the links >seem to be from 2001 and before that time. It doesn't seem like there >have really been any updates on general info about adhesions for the >past 7 years, unless I'm not looking in the right places. I just >clicked on the newsletter link, which was very interesting but it was >dated 2001.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: