Re: Contacting Oprah

Fri Feb 13 17:10:40 2009

I am sorry to hear you were ignored and good on you for bringing it up again. We must have all been asleep that day.

I will contact him as well, and find out what our next steps should be. Somehow this has to get out there and it's only going to happen if we make it happen.

--
Donna J

> > Behalf Of Ellen Eggers > Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 9:27 AM > To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS > Subject: Re: Contacting Oprah > > Several months ago, I wrote with a suggestion that I'm going to > repeat because I was ignored. All of you have great ideas about > getting information about ARD to the public, but I do not > understand why no one is contacting Dr. David Wiseman, the founder > of this organization. He has been working for many years, > attempting to bring knowledge of ARD to the public and to the > medical community. He and I tried to get a book > on the subject published several years ago, but, ultimately failed > for lack of large enough audience (in publishing terms, we are very > few). One thing, however, was certain. No agent or publisher would > even look at something I wrote alone. It didn't matter that I was a > published writer, a victim of ARD, and someone who has found ways to > successfully manage the disorder. I had no credibility without the > backing of Dr.> Wiseman, the known professional in the field of ARD. > I can't imagine that television would be any different in that regard.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: