Clinical Trial Email

Thu Feb 5 17:55:25 2009

Someone mentioned receiving an email for a clinical trial- I receieved it also. It said something like 50% or more of pelvic pain is due to adhesions.

I definitely signed up for it although I suppose there will be many willing to participate so the odds of being chosen is probably pretty remote. Also,since they gave no idea as to where one would have to go for this trial it's hard to say if it would be practical. They asked if you had medical insurance and I'm wondering then what the participant would be responsible for- if insurance was necessary, then from what I hear most insurance plans won't cover procedures for adhesions- probably less so if it is for research purposes.

They also asked if you had had problems getting pregnant. I will never know the answer to this because my life was so destroyed by this that I never got the chance to even date never mind attempt to have children. I had a vaginal hysterectomy at age 38 because I decided there was no chance of any improvement before I was too old to have children.

At any rate, at least it 'could' be one way to find someone who is actually willing to consider adhesions as the source of their pain and issues. I found a doctor through an International Association for Pelvic Pain (?) or something like that. He was listed as having pelvic pain and endo as special interests. While I (probably) don't have endo, I most likely have and have had adhesion related issues for now almost 25 years. Unfortunately, he didn't seem any more willing to discuss this issue with me than any other gynecologist so it looks like I'm back on my own (again!). He didn't even examine my abdomen- even after I told him of my extensive 25-year history with this (it started with an on-the-job injury in 1984). I also told him that two physical therapists said my abdomen was very tight and that I probably have adhesions. I gave him CT and MRI reports that mentioned adhesions as a possible issue. Did no good.

Anyway, I would be a very willing participant if it was at all feasible!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: