Re: So sad. So discouraged.

Wed Feb 4 17:05:29 2009

Jenny,

So glad to hear you are pain free at least for now. After having two hernia repairs and nothing held, I found a doctor at Mayo Clinic (Jacksonville, FL), Dr. Sevin who placed dura mater in my abdomen. So far it is holding me together; however, I still suffer from painful adhesions. Take it easy and do not pull of lift heavy objects because it the mesh could come loose. I don't know (do anyone know?) what the longest period of time one has to worry about adhesions reforming. I've heard (I hope it's not true) that they are like vines that can grow and grow and grow...God, I hope not because if my pain gets any worse, I cannot stand it!

Take care and God Bless. Linda

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Jenny To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 10:45 PM Subject: Re: So sad. So discouraged.

Katie...please believe...there is ALWAYS hope. Pray. Try everything. I was just on the couch back in October, thinking, OK, this is how life will be forever. Constant pain - not able to eat.. without throwing up...every movement was excruciating. Then this happened. (see my story below) I can't exactly explain why or how it worked -- except that I am still out of pain. I believe it was a gift from God. I can't explain it otherwise. But, don't give up hope!!!!! I just wanted to send a quick message to all. I have been suffering for about 7 years with major abdominal pain. It all started (I will make it a quick overview, as I have shared my story before!! and I don't want to bore people.) So, it started with my inability to get pregnant - leading to surgeries for ovarian cysts (complex) and stage 4 Endo -- leading to major adhesions. ALWAYS after just a few days or a couple of weeks, having the pain start up again and again. I thought I had lost all hope -- I thought I was just going to live in pain for the rest of my life, so the question was how will I continue?? I started seeing (as a last hope) Dr's at Rush hospital here in IL. If you want specifics, please feel free to email me. Anyway, I ended up at the pain clinic, they reviewed a CT scan I had recently and noticed some hernia's around the area I had been cut into so many times before. They referred me to a General surgeon, whose specialty was hernias and adhesions. He repaired the hernia with mesh and took down more adhesions. Needless to say the recovery was horrific, I had never experienced pain like this after surgery-- but to my surprise as the pain from surgery lessened, there was NO other pain. I have none of my "typical" adhesions pain at all!! I have been completely pain-free since November, which I know is not that long, but it is the longest I have EVER been without pain in years!!!!!! So, I am not exactly sure what happened, but if anyone out there is suffering in pain AND has a hernia, check into it-- I had mine for about 3 or 4 years (one) and then a few more popped up.... It may help your pain. God bless to all! Just wanted to share, what I hope is a success story of R E L I E F !!!

Please feel free to contact me whenever! Fight the good fight!

Jenny kummer_jennifer1@hotmail.com

At Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Katie wrote: >
>I just spent the last 2 hours scouring the web for any hope, even in the
>smallest amount, that I will ever be free of these adhesions. I have
>found nothing but sadness, defeat, pain, horror and even death.
>
>I am thinking of returning to Dr. Redan and finally submitting to the
>surgery I have been putting off for the last 7 months to get rid of
>these adhesions, as I am in so much pain. I just want so badly to find
>someone with a success story to tell but I can find nothing.
>
>Whatever happened to Karen Carter from the ARD quilt? Does anyone know?
>She was so hopeful right up until 2005 and then was doing terrible and
>never posted again. She thought she was a success and then had numerous
>surgeries after that.
>
>I'm just so sad right now.
>
>--
>Katie
>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------  No virus found in this incoming message.
  Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
  Version: 8.0.233 / Virus Database: 270.10.16/1929 - Release Date: 02/01/09 18:02:00

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: